Everything posted by Caryl
-
Fish tank cruelty
Since the poster was requested to reference all the source images (but did not do so) so that the origin and background of the tanks was known, and that people are just responding to speculation regarding the tank parameters and authenticity of the images, this thread has been locked.
-
The What's Up? thread.
It is cold and wet here today. I am working on the August edition of the Aquarium World magazine.
-
How old are you?
I too have been married longer than many of you have been alive. And my kids are older than many of you too! :facepalm: I have not-grandchildren the same age as some. (I call then not-grandchildren as my daughter lives with their dad, they are not married and the kids all have other parents, step parents and plenty of blood grandparents so don't need more).
-
New Internet Explorer
IE9 gave me problems here but I thought they had fixed it? I changed to Mozilla Firefox and have no problems (except with one other fish site which is very old and prefers IE)
-
Chat Room
I would like to thank those who, once again, have ruined it for the rest. If you are unable to keep your conversations, words, or photos family rated then please go elsewhere. A little silly innuendo for fun is fine in chat but if you wish to take it further go and join one of the sites which specialise in that behaviour. :an!gry
-
Any computer geniusses out here?
- Aarons First Marine setup Journal – Lots of PHOTOS
I know nothing about marines but :thup:- How old are you?
I'm older than Ira and younger than Alanmin4304 8)- New member from Auckland
Hi and welcome. Can't think of any advice at the moment except I advise you to keep showing us pics and give some details of the fish room. :thup: That last pic to me a minute to decipher! :roll:- kinbote's tank
I have split this from the other thread as it was about antwan's tank, not this one.- CONVICTS: TIps on breeding convicts.
Breeding convicts? - Just add water :sml1: As long as you have at least 1 of each sex you will get fry and lots of 'em!- Breeding WCMM's
Some people seem to think adding salt is the answer to everything :dunno: I have bred wcmm and have never (nor has anyone else I know who has bred them) ever added salt.- Shifting house with fish....
Be aware that no matter how well you tape down the lid, water will leak from those poly boxes. We traveled back from ChCh with a bin full of fish and the lid was taped down all the way around and we still had a wet boot! No big matter though as it is only water and dries. Try doctors' surgeries and labs for poly boxes.- confession
We noticed!!! :an!gry You have to make up for it now :happy2:- Filter
What size tank and filter do you have and what fish are in it? Just curious 8)- Filter
Yes the filter should run 24/7. Just because the water looks good, doesn't necessarily mean it is.- Auckland fishkeepers June Meeting
I was of the impression you already had something in mind!!- Dog sitting needed - 7 weeks - Edit: Have found someone now
Please start your own dog loving thread as you have gone :smot:- Earthquake damaged fish
With luck they will repair if not ripped right up to the body end.- Can you use the hot tap when doing water changes ?
I did up to 50% water changes in my African tank using the garden hose through the window. The fish didn't mind the sudden temp drop or pH change and loved to swim in the current as close to the trigger end on the hose as they could get! When I do water changes on the other tank I use warm water from the tap as I put my hand under it to stop flattening the plants or disturbing the substrate and I don't want it to be cold on my hand- is there any mums and or dads that can help?
So the baby is fine when upright but cries when lying flat? Does she cry really hard or just grizzle? Does she shut up when picked up? I would suggest a milk allergy but it sounds like you are breast feeding :roll:- Another large aftershock in ChCh
Gareth was sent home. He reports a lot of mess as everything has come off shelves but nothing broken. Water from tanks again all over carpet. Dena had a partial ceiling collapse at her temporary workplace but it destroyed a computer, not a person. Thank goodness you don't have tsunamis as well!!! :tears:- Another large aftershock in ChCh
We felt that one here. Try to limit cell phone use people as they have lost many cell sites around the region &c:ry- Another large aftershock in ChCh
And another. Was Skyping Jen and she said it was a big one and now has water everywhere. You all OK? Universal Time June 13 2011 at 1:00 NZ Standard Time Monday, June 13 2011 at 1:00 pm Latitude, Longitude 43.58°S, 172.78°E Focal Depth 11 km Richter magnitude 5.5 Region Canterbury Location 10 km east of Lyttelton 10 km north-east of Diamond Harbour 10 km east of Christchurch- Ammonioa level at 1.5ppm ? wont lower
Have you always had such high readings or is this recent? Have you done something to the tank? Have you added new fish? - Aarons First Marine setup Journal – Lots of PHOTOS