Auckland fishkeepers June Meeting

Wok

Hi All

Wtih the FNZAS Conference occurring over Queens Birthday, No doubt that our delegates will be giving you a rundown on what happened at conference

Tuesday is another great meeting of people of similar thinking.

Just letting you know that we do have a meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of every month.

If you live over the shore and want to attend, you are more than welcome

Next meeting will be:

Time: 7.30pm

When: Tuesday 14 June 2011

Where: Green Bay Community House

Barron Drive

Green Bay

Behind New World Supermarket

Park in the new carpark on Barron Drive and the meeting is right next door

Unfortunately I will not be able to attend, I will be at Fieldays, Mystery Creek for work. Might even see you there?

AucklandFishkeeper-1.jpg

AFASite.jpg

so we hope to see you there.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope to see more people at this meeting! If you live in Auckland then try and come along and meet some new fishkeepers it is a good night and you might actually learn something new or meet someone interesting.. If transport is an issue we have people driving from all over Auckland attending meetings so just let me know and we will see what we can arrange..

How do you join and how much does it cost?

It costs $30 to join the club ($20 for juniors), this includes affiliation with the FNZAS (more info on what the FNZAS does here http://www.fnzas.org.nz/?page_id=2) a subscription for the aquarium world magazine (http://www.fnzas.org.nz/?page_id=351) and club membership. Most members find that their membership fees cost them nothing when they consider the discounts they get at most of the stores in Auckland. You don't even have to attend every meeting to join really, this website is also being upgraded to include members only areas too.

How to join just let me know and I will happily pass on the clubs bank account details, you are always welcome to come along to a meeting or 2 and see if you like the club before joining.

Is 33 a Junior :slfg:

and how long is meetings. I might not be able to attend all, because I have two kiddies and hubby sometimes works nightshift :facepalm:

lol sorry I think under 18 is a junior member, good try though :thup: .. Yeah its not a big deal, I don't usually make all the meetings (guess I should really pass the keys on to someone who can make it more often lol) either my wife works till 8 sometimes but try my best :)

Yeah probably would be, meetings are from 7.30 and usually go until 9.30..

That would put my kiddies in bed at ten the night cause I live out in Beachlands. I suppose once a month is not that bad, will talk to the boss when he gets home from night shift :wink:

You could always do what some of the other clubs do, have meetings at member's homes. Then you get to see their tanks and have people around who can keep the little'uns entertained...

There is always the potential of that Zev, however with Auckland being the size it is we have to keep things relatively central, as it is we have members who have to travel 30-45min to get to meetings if we move the meeting to someone elses house 30 mins away they have to travel for ages across Auckland and it makes for a big night :( We are looking at these options though and it would save us on paying for the venue..

I've got 5 young bristlenose around the 3cm+ mark looking for new homes if any Auckland member coming to the meeting tonight would like to take them off my hands - no cost.

The parents were both brown bn however I do suspect that somewhere down the line a golden may have been in the mix. Nice looking bn. PM or email me before 6pm if you would like them and I'll bring them along.

I also have 2 sparkling gourami to bring if anyone wants them?

No charge but they need to go to a tank where they will not be overwhelmed by fish that are too much bigger than them. They are good with small schooling fish such as tetra or pygmy cories etc.