The What's Up? thread.

SamH

whatsup.jpg

Haven't had any "fun" threads going in a while. This thread is for posting about what you've been up to, what you are up to and what you're going to get up to with fish and anything in general really! Stick to the forum rules too :wink:

I'll start..

Today I cleaned the filter on my biggest tank. It was a mission cause it's an old 2213 with no taps :o Removed some floating fern too and here's what I got:

IMG_0916.jpg

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today I have a house full of teenagers, I burnt my left arm getting the chicken out of the oven when the fat ran down my arm, and I do not expect there to be any leftovers in the fridge by the morning.

On the fishy front I took a photo of the top of one of my tanks for an article that is posted on the main site.

Oh, and Lil Malt Cheese Ball hissed at me when I picked him up and tried to turn him over on his back to talk to him.

Today I saw both my kids win their soccer matches :happy2:

We drove all the way out to Albany, saw some of the tornado damage when we went for lunch at the Westfield mall :o

Went to Hollywood fishfarm in Albany and got some harlequins and odds and ends :happy1:

Came home fed the pufferfish settled the Harlequins in quarantine :thup:

Now I am currently sitting infront of my tank plotting on what I want to do to make it better :nilly:

I woke up after a late night; got ready watched 'The F word' which is a Gordon Ramsay cooking show; then went out and went shopping.... :slfg: $450+ extras later....

Then I went to Animates and checked up on the lists and the cardinals and came home without spending any more money.

Reached home, did a WC on the goldfish tank, mixed up some micro ferts for 'the-obstacle' and bottled it in a wine bottle; following which I cut some potatoes and kumara and seasoned them before cooking dinner a few hours later.

Then I saw the movie - 3 days later (I think that's what it's called) and then went and cooked dinner and spent ages reducing the red wine glaze for the chicken. Then i ate food; exercised for a bit and sat down and relaxed with my bottle of wine. :slfg: *hick!

Now, im watching TV with the other half of the bottle of wine. :spop:

oh god what is this thread turning into :digH:

Today I bought a twin metal halide light, got 4 checkered barbs to test my big tank (yay they didn't die :bow: ) So transferred the other filter over and all the fish into the big tank. Tommorow I'm cleaning the small 350L tank and either shutting it down or leaving it as a hospital tank/holding tank for when I turn the big tank into an african setup

Today I did a 70% water change on my 200L. Cleaned the filter. Took put 25L of sand rinsed washed and cleaned. Re applied background because it was getting bubbles. Cleaned ornaments and a little algae. Will take pictures tomorrow. Was at uncles house tonight. He used to have a beautiful marine tank bout 300L. He moved it to his work and ended frying the whole tank because something short circuited! He was not happy!

Did my big waterchanges on both tanks, and had filter maintanance and system check today. I moved the plants around in my big tank, the ones that grow super quick like watersprite is more to the back so I can see the others and my fish can have space to swim around. I might have to put my new harlequins in the main tank sooner than usual because my little heater is not doing to well, but its ok, they look fine and is now dewormed :thup: I hope my blind one will make it, he should figure out my big tank and hopefully scavange around for food :wink:

Went to work this morning then had an appt with the osteopath. Kesh is now my new best friend even though he didn't want to marry me or let me stay lying on his massage table for the rest of the day :dunno: :love:

Shopped in the lunch hour and got some good bargains (3 cheers for Kathmandu's clearance rack!) then back to work.