Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. I know which one Stella is referring to and I concur
  2. Caryl replied to Sunbird73's topic in Technical
    http://applesnail.net/ :slfg:
  3. Not necessarily. Fish do lose scales and new ones will replace them. They may have a patchy look for some months though. Keep an eye out for fungal infections which may grow on the area if water conditions are not really good.
  4. I have rarely had someone question why I keep fish. When they do it is to ask why I like a pet they don't see as particularly interactive - ie it doesn't snuggle up to you, you can't take it for walks, it isn't 'cute and fluffy' etc.
  5. Not only did I eat a pear pair I also ate another in the pudding. I pared the pear pair too (after I peered at them checking for bugs) :thup: Grant is not so keen on pears so no peer pressure to buy them either. :slfg: Perhaps I should have sat on a pier to eat my pared pear pair :dunno:
  6. You probably did Reece as he had been up Takaka Hill. You can't miss that vehicle with all the aerials can you? :roll: He brought back some lovely pears - which is why I had the sudden urge for a pear sponge, even though I had also eaten two pears as well :happy2:
  7. Caryl replied to BomB191's topic in Technical
    I agree with Alan. You are only talking about a difference of 2 and a half degrees. As said, room temperature can make a difference.
  8. Caryl replied to Judy Sanson's topic in Freshwater
    I use one of those plastic Critter Keepers (I think that is what they call them). The lid stops them jumping out but you can feed the cord and airline tube through the little flap in the top of the lid. Any plastic container will do. Just make sure you have a suction cup that does not allow the hot end of the heaterstat to touch the plastic.
  9. It worked for me in chat blueether but not here
  10. Here are some pics Grant took over the last few days as he worked... Mt Murchison Mt Murchison Mt Murchison Black Birch Black Birch Black Birch and one last pic for blueether who wanted proof of my pudding :slfg: The remains of my pear sponge...
  11. Well he did say "watch this space, for pics" so give him time! :lol:
  12. Caryl replied to Sunbird73's topic in Technical
    Wouldn't load for earlier but does now. Perhaps too many were trying to look? :slfg: I do not like to buy stuff overseas that I may have difficulty getting replacements under warranty. Also have to watch voltage and plug differences. Overseas books are a great buy though!!!
  13. Caryl replied to Judy Sanson's topic in Freshwater
    Even smaller would be adequate for small fish. The smaller the better as you use less medication and water changes are quicker. Make it big enough to fit a small sponge filter in it and a heaterstat (and you can get little ones of those).
  14. Caryl replied to evilknieval69's topic in Fun
    Chocolate of course! rain or wind?
  15. Caryl replied to Warren's topic in Fun
    festivities
  16. Make sure you take plenty of pics! :happy2:
  17. Caryl replied to Zev's topic in Welcome
    Yeah, hi Caper I knew you were alive as I would get the occasional funnies but you didn't reply to my emails! &c:ry
  18. Caryl replied to Squirt's topic in Livebearers
    1. Guppies will breed anywhere. If you were pregnant you would slow down too! Breeding traps can be used but I always found they stressed out the females too much. You can't raise fry in a breeding trap as they need room to grow out. 2. Turtles will eat guppies. Lower the chances by not putting them together. 3. You can feed guppy fry microworms. Are you wanting to breed the guppies just to feed the turtles?
  19. The Travelling Willburys are good. I am listening to The Bee Gees on Prime
  20. I must say that Grant is rarely sick. When he complains about pain I know it must be bad as he has rheumatoid arthritis so is used to a constant level of pain all the time. For him to actually mention it (or ask for help) means it is serious. I like to moan and complain when I am sick, not that it gets me anywhere. :roll:
  21. Caryl replied to SamH's topic in Fun
    Children today seem to expect to be entertained :roll:
  22. The conclusion was made by a man though so doesn't count
  23. LOLcats site icanhazcheezeburger has kittens doing all the Harry Potter movies in 1 minute. I thought it was funny and I have not read the books or seen any of the films.
  24. So did she still like the pie she made or is it just you who thought it was terrible? You should be grateful she made you one at all. I assume you will now be doing all the cooking in your household since you obviously such a superior cook. :roll:
  25. Nature's Place is a big barn open to the public where they can go and see various animals, both live and stuffed. It has recently moved into this barn from a larger area that became too expensive to maintain. The barn is in the middle of Tauranga's historic village. If you look through my conference post you should see a link to my Photobucket album which has more pics of it. Livingart was still setting it up at that stage so it did not have as much in it as there is now! It used to be called Living Art Wildlife Park so that should give you an idea of what it is, condensed now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.