July 18, 201115 yr comment_447167 For all the woman who had to deal with the man flue or all the woman who will still one day have to deal with the man flue, apparently it is not just all a big dramatic event, men do feel more ill when it comes to the common cold :facepalm: http://www.smh.com.au/national/its-true-mens-colds-are-worse-20110624-1gjnv.html Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_447183 Huumm it sez women have a stronger immune response not that their symptoms are less. Isn't fever a immune response - so women feel worse perhaps :spop: Report
July 19, 201115 yr Author comment_447186 If my hubby gets sick then the thermometer gets used every five minutes to make sure that I am aware of his fever, he needs to have a little washcloth for his face, I get told repeatedly how sore his body is and to look at his teary eyes, when i am sick I clean the house, feed the family and tend to everyones need, while I am feeling horrible but not showing it to everyone around me. Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_447189 when I am sick I require to be waited on, pampered, and to otherwise get with murder. If that doesn't happen I get more grumpy and then a fight breaks out :rotf: Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_447199 I must say I have never had the "man flu" to speak of. This is the first I have ever herd of it Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_447210 Well.. In our defence, normally we hate to show any signs of weakness. So if we are at the point of calling feebly for a glass of water, it must be a really bad bout of flu. :tears: Besides, we put up with monthly PMS, so why can't we have a few days to ourselves every couple of months? :slfg: *ducks to avoid flying high heels* Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_447213 when I am sick I require to be waited on, pampered, and to otherwise get with murder. If that doesn't happen I get more grumpy and then a fight breaks out :rotf: exactly the same as my partner! she expects me to move mountains when shes sick but when i am i get no sympathy, infact she usually gets aggrevated at me. seriously unfair. most men will just keep going when they get sick and this is what gets them sickererererererer !!! having said that my mummy is a very hard woman, never complains when she is sick and would often keep moving till she was dizzy and we had to force her to sit and relax and get better. Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_447216 yea same with mine,,, or was it justv having 2 boys that keep making her sick =p Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_447223 I must say that Grant is rarely sick. When he complains about pain I know it must be bad as he has rheumatoid arthritis so is used to a constant level of pain all the time. For him to actually mention it (or ask for help) means it is serious. I like to moan and complain when I am sick, not that it gets me anywhere. :roll: Report
July 19, 201115 yr comment_447225 me too, I say I expect to be pampered but I am usually just barely tolerated when sick and grumpy :sml2: Report
July 20, 201115 yr comment_447483 :rotf: I tell my husband he is sickly... he is always getting sick. I rarely ever get sick. The kids seem to both have taken after their father :roll: Though I felt pretty guilty recently when I had Tonsillitis a few weeks after hubby had it because I didn't really look after him that well. Then when he came home and I was so crook I couldn't even get off the couch and hadn't done the dishes or laundry he sent me to bed and did the dishes and laundry for me :love: So when he was sick on Saturday (throwing up) I made sure to take care of him. Report
July 20, 201115 yr comment_447485 Besides, we put up with monthly PMS, so why can't we have a few days to ourselves every couple of months? :slfg: *ducks to avoid flying high heels* What do you mean YOU put up with it? LOL jk ... I know how grumpy I can be when I have mine. Men are pretty lucky though.... you don't have to deal personally with PMS, having babies, being pregnant, menopause etc.... I've told my hubby a few times I wish I was a man. LOL Report
July 20, 201115 yr comment_447486 There is one advantage to being a man (unless you're a stay at home father!). At least when you are sick you don't have to look after the kids too. Thursday morning Sophie was throwing up and I had Tonsillitis at the same time UGH Not a nice situation. What I would give to just go to bed when I'm sick. It's even ten times worse when you not only have to look after the kids but when they are sick too. :lol: Oh and there is no one to look after you too, because hubby is at work. Whereas if hubby is home, he gets looked after by wifee. :love: Report
July 20, 201115 yr comment_447489 I once told Hubby I hope he comes back one day as a pregnant woman ( I had bad morning sickness). He came straight back with " I hope you come back married to one" LOL Report
July 21, 201115 yr comment_447505 LOL I have to say I thought I was a pretty relaxed pregnant woman both times. Though the hormones do get to you now and again... esp. near the end when you just want the baby out lol Report
July 22, 201115 yr comment_447681 in the absoulte defense of "Man Flu" - has anyone ever seen or heard of a woman whos survived it ? I THINK NOT!! muawahahahaha Report
July 22, 201115 yr comment_447762 LOL It's called Man Flu because only men get it LOL Ever heard of a man surviving childbirth? :sml1: Report
July 24, 201115 yr comment_448047 LOL It's called Man Flu because only men get it LOL Ever heard of a man surviving childbirth? :sml1: heard of one do it twice... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6468144.ece Report
July 24, 201115 yr comment_448056 I survived childbirth 3 times. Nearly got my hand bitten off the first time. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.