Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

hospital tank

Featured Replies

Hello everybody :D A question if you dont mind. What would be a perfect size for a hospital tank ? I have a quarinteen (sp) tank 60X30X30 but want a hospital tank as well.

  • Author

Hmm, didnt consider that :facepalm: Probably nothing over three inches, and hopefully no more than a couple at any one time, if it is needed. The tank that I have is a community tank.

Even smaller would be adequate for small fish. The smaller the better as you use less medication and water changes are quicker. Make it big enough to fit a small sponge filter in it and a heaterstat (and you can get little ones of those).

I use one of those plastic Critter Keepers (I think that is what they call them). The lid stops them jumping out but you can feed the cord and airline tube through the little flap in the top of the lid.

critterkeeper.jpg

Any plastic container will do. Just make sure you have a suction cup that does not allow the hot end of the heaterstat to touch the plastic.

here's a tip, I have a tank that I have measured 25litres and put masking tape on the side to that mark so it's always easy to get to the right level. Have just been to the chemist and asked for the smallest syringe, they found me a 1ml syringe with measurements into .1 of a mil. So now I can measure all the medications accurately - the latest I was using wanted 1 ml per 100L and I was just guesstimating how much that would be in my dropper for the 25L tank.

  • Author

Its supposed to be in my Hospital Tank topic.Hi everyone. I want to thank you all for your reply,s. I havnt made my mind up yet as I have placed a bid on a tank in trademe. Its #393140042. will see how I get on with that one before I think about getting a hosp tank. It I am lucky enuf to get this tank I will use my two footer as a hosp tank till I can afford to get a smaller tank for my hosp tank. Eventually I want to have a Hosp Tank, a Quarantine Tank, and a Main 3 foot Tank and a 4 foot tank. I already have a 4 footer sitting in my garage but its in a state undone. ie, needs stripping down and resiliconed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.