The What's Up? thread.

SamH

I have bad road rage lol, on one occasion a person was following me way too closely so I slowed down to 15kph all the way home, they pulled up the drive behind me and it was a mongrol mob member haha, few heated words and threats and for the next few weeks I kept my doors locked and a baseball bat handy lol.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's up? I'm having a rage after being closely tailed in the rain by a driver whose vocabulary doesn't contain the term "following distance". After motioning for them to back off, they decided to turn on their high beams and follow even closer. They even followed me so intensely they almost missed their off ramp and had to swerve across two lanes to make it. Idiot :evil:

What speed were you doing and what was the speed limit? I find many drivers are too slow these days and drive well below the speed limit, rather than too fast (I hardly ever see anyone going over the limit or much over) and yet so many are doing a good 20k below and yep, that gets my goat. I'm one of those who will get up behind you if you're going too slow, but I never do the headlight thing - that's excessive.

Usually (but not always) the driver in front will speed up or move over to let me pass, and if they won't do the speed limit, so they should.

I was going just over 100kph on the motorway behind a truck, nowhere near under. Also plenty of room to pass on the inside or outside when I changed lanes. Usually when I motion to the driver they back off or pass, not this guy! :facepalm:

I was going just over 100kph on the motorway behind a truck, nowhere near under. Also plenty of room to pass on the inside or outside when I changed lanes. Usually when I motion to the driver they back off or pass, not this guy! :facepalm:

Then I agree, the guy was an idiot *insert Livingart's slapping smilie*

Following close to the car in front on a motorway is just plain dangerous. You place a great deal of trust in a person you do not know to not have a heart attack at the wheel, and/or be sober. When they lose control or slam the brakes on, it's likely you that will ram into the back of them and can end up in a worse situation than them. Anyone who is a firefighter, cop or ambulance driver will say the same.

The speed limit is the limit, not the target, and we are required to drive to the conditions. If someone wants to drive under the limit, yes they should not be in the inside lane, but it's not a crime to be there. I use the motorway a lot and I won't go in the inside lane if I'm not planning to drive at the speed limit, but there are still plenty of people who drive around me to go 120kph.

I should be a policeman. :sage:

I think he met some of the lovely people and went to some of the lovely places in shakey town.

Bingo! :slfg:

Spent a couple of days working in CHCH and then Friday and Saturday with Jennifer in CHCH.

Went shopping ( :sml1: ), saw the sights, played with a very excited puppy! :happy2: :D and just generally really had fun. Got to meet an old man with a beard too which wasn't too bad either haha :slfg:

in other news, I hacked my finger.

I was chopping with a sharp knife and shaved a slice off the top of my middle finger nail through and about a 5mm circle off the top of the skin underneath. A bit like when you skin your knuckle or grate your finger, as I have done before. It hurt and it bled. &c:ry

in other news, I hacked my finger.

I was chopping with a sharp knife and shaved a slice off the top of my middle finger nail through and about a 5mm circle off the top of the skin underneath. A bit like when you skin your knuckle or grate your finger, as I have done before. It hurt and it bled. &c:ry

I've done that, I sliced the tip of my pinky. It reattaches itself so no harm done :)

I don't recommend using a commercial bacon slicer without the safety guard either :oops:

It is often the smaller cuts that seem to hurt the most though isn't it? And it is invariably on a part of you that you keep bumping against things!