The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, but the problem arose when I stopped working for family. Also just got a call from the new builder. He managed to get the skip placed too close to the garage door so it couldn't be closed. I asked what he did about all my tools in the garage and the fact my house can now be walked straight into off the street. His response "they're taking the skip away tomorrow morning". Awesome

If you like pork order a piece of neck from the butcher. They call it a number of things--collar and choke. They roll it in with the boned out shoulder so you usualy have to order it. Slice into steaks and marinade overnight with soy sauce, ginger, garlic and brown sugar then grill.

Haha, but the problem arose when I stopped working for family. Also just got a call from the new builder. He managed to get the skip placed too close to the garage door so it couldn't be closed. I asked what he did about all my tools in the garage and the fact my house can now be walked straight into off the street. His response "they're taking the skip away tomorrow morning". Awesome

you could always call the skip company and ask them to take it away... that would be funtimes

I met my parents and sister in town for morning tea.

My daughter has had a more interesting morning. She is currently in Wanaka and said "So far my day has seen me encounter Greg Murphy, a mobility scooter made from motorbike parts, a Z station attendant who upsized my hot choc for free then stamped my card 4 times so my next one is free, and a dog taking a cat for a walk on a lead. In that order. Pretty awesome so far!"

Happy birthday Insectile and that recipe sounds good Alan !drool:

Hmmm wonder if I just felt a small, rolling shake? Will check geonet. Probably just a wind gust.

Been baking for the weekend and a meeting I am attending tomorrow. The big cupcakes are for the weekend event and the minis are for the meeting...

BlackandWhiteCupcakes_zps16101c41.jpg

BLACK AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES

8 oz flour

7 oz sugar

4 oz dark chocolate cocoa

1½ tsp baking soda

1 tsp salt

4 oz sour cream

3 eggs, beaten

6 oz chocolate pudding, prepared

4 oz butter, melted

6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 180°C.

Line 24 cupcake pan cups with paper liners.

Mix dry ingredients together with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds until well combined.

Add wet ingredients & mix on medium speed for 1 minute.

Stop & scrape down sides of bowl & resume mixing on medium speed for 1 additional minute. Stop mixer & fold in chocolate chips.

Fill prepared cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full, & bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes.

Let the cupcakes cool completely.

White Chocolate Frosting

8 oz cream cheese, softened

4 oz butter, softened

6 oz white chocolate, melted

1 tsp vanilla

10 oz icing sugar

Beat cream cheese & butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Add melted chocolate & vanilla; mix for an additional 1 minute.

Add icing sugar gradually, beating until light & fluffy after each addition.

Ideas for garnishing: fresh raspberry, mini chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles

Please note that, as usual, I halved the sugar used as I find American recipes waaaay too sweet and always halve the sugar, without it affecting how they turn out. This is also one recipe I did not get around to converting to metric.

not cupcakes, not even something to eat but something kiwi :wink:

it's a NZ120 (1:120 scale) model of a KiwiRail DXB #5166 as seen on the rails near you (north island)

(I built the kit, modified the chassis, detailed and painted it and put some decals on)

278901532.jpg

278901602.jpg

278901612.jpg

278901563.jpg

Nice paint job.

We went for a walk up to the lookout this morning then this afternoon soaked in the mineral hot pools. There is now a group of people in our motel unit enjoying Happy Hour before heading to Jolly Jacks for tea (Hanmer Springs).