The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a call from one of the rest homes today. They have brought a fish tank and some fish and were looking for someone to tell them how to keep fish correctly.

They have bought a 200L and so far stocked it with a mix of real (one of which isn't aquatic, despite being purchased from a lfs) and plastic plants, a clown loach, 8 guppies, a golden algae eater and 2 gouramis (which turned out to be Boesemanis). They eventually want angels but will now wait for the tank to cycle (a process they knew nothing about but do now and understand the idea).

The residents are all very pleased with it and apparently several of them have kept fish in the past and were keen to have some to look at.

Once you use sand you won't want to go back to gravel/fluorite ever again lol. Makes planting so much easier.

I've been between gravel, sand and planted stuff. I've come to the conclusion that something finer than 3mm with a nice rich base under it is the best combo. Although annoying for rescaping...

:digH:

Don't think its gonna be anytime soon tbh, maybe 1-2 months. I got told today that there is gonna be 12 rows of tanks in the new store, compared to the three at the richmond store, so yeah more emphasis on fish. Also I get a say when it comes to ordering time so hopefully we will be getting some good fish in.

I think you have the order around the wrong way.

Let me illustrate the correct order of priorities:

1 Girlfriend

2 Petrol to go and see girlfriend/take her places

3 Girlfriend

4 PC so you can email girlfriend and order her presents online

5 Girlfriend

6 Girlfriend

7 Girlfriend

Girlfriend

Girlfriend

Girlfriend

Girlfriend

Girlfriend etc

Best to learn now while you are still young enough to care haha.