Everything posted by Caryl
-
Round Auckland Fish Pickup / Dropoff service?
http://www.viddler.com/thechive/videos/517
-
The What's Up? thread.
Doesn't take much does it? :slfg: What did you do? I delivered some newsletters I had printed off for the Woodworkers' Guild then had lunch with friends. Since I had a lovely roast lunch Grant can cook something for himself tonight. The place we met for lunch had 2 desserts for the price of 1 so since 1 friend wanted a dessert I got the other as a takeout for Grant later (a brandy snap and 2 serves of sticky date pudding). I then spent the rest of the afternoon working on another newsletter for a different group.
-
Missing words...
In that case it must be... "Eye of newt, and toe of frog, wool of bat, and tongue of dog" :roll: If someone else wants to come up with a new puzzle then feel free :dunno:
-
The What's Up? thread.
He didn't recognise you then? :sml1:
- 4 months
-
Round Auckland Fish Pickup / Dropoff service?
Don't be stupid, that would upset his centre of gravity! A 4ft would go in the front basket! :slfg:
-
Hermann Tortoises
How about producing a care sheet like we have for other reptiles? That way all can see and then decide if getting a Hermann's is right for them.
-
Leopard Gecko Caresheet
So you have no way of knowing what your baby gecko will look like when it is fully grown?
-
Leopard Gecko Caresheet
Here's a dumb question from someone who knows nothing about these animals - do they stay those colours or do they change as they age?
-
Fish Man
That made me laugh out loud, just what I needed. I do not now why people love those spray and walk away ads. They are dreadful!!! :facepalm:
-
the big boys arrive! New discus
:love: It doesn't matter when the article arrives as it can just go into whichever magazine I have currently on the go at the time
-
Losing weight support thread
Live healthily and the weight loss will follow slowly and naturally. As said, fitness is more important. I tried the gym for 2 years and hated it as much at the end as I did in the beginning, despite the trainer saying I would come to love it. I now walk a lot, or bike, for my exercise and it is something I enjoy.
-
Another large aftershock in ChCh
Gareth and Dena said it felt huge to them in Belfast and it even upset the dog, which the others haven't. They had to take her out of her crate and let her run around outside for a minute before she would calm down.
-
Losing weight support thread
My med comment was for mcrudd as hers are temporary. If you are on something like prednisone then I don't think there will be much you can do about the weight gain as a result Ask your Dr.
-
Losing weight support thread
Just hold out until you are able to do more exercises again and your body has recovered from the meds. Don't expect major weight loss until then but don't use it as an excuse to eat either. Before opening your mouth ask yourself what you are stuffing in it and are you really hungry or is it habit? Try writing down everything you eat, I find it helps. I assume you have changed to low fat options too? (I am a Weight Watcher lifetime member who lost 30kg and has kept it off for 8 years now)
-
Christchurch Quake Relief Fund
Many insurance policies do not cover aquariums, plants or fish lost (or some equipment). The fund is to help those, when they are ready, to take up the hobby again and replace those aquatic things not covered by insurance or EQC.
-
How old are you?
Hmm I have some pics of Ira. I wonder if I should post one or two... :gigl:
-
Filter wool
What about fire retardant? I thought it was compulsory in dacron and fillers now?
-
New NZ supplier for salties
:lol: Someone used to have an avatar that said "Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!" :happy2:
-
David R's fishy holiday pics. [pic heavy]
The Berlin Aquarium has just gone onto my "must see" list :thup: Would love to see more pics of the 2nd and 3rd floors! :happy2:
-
New NZ supplier for salties
They have cookies!
-
River Monsters,TV1 today @ 5pm.
There was an interesting programmme on SBS2 yesterday called Charlie Bird Explores... and he went to the source of the Amazon then followed it down. It starts as a small flow out of a sheer rock face! The blurb said; Journalist Charlie Bird sets off to explore one of the most remote and remarkable places on our planet. Starting at the source of the Amazon over 5000 metres above sea level in the Peruvian Andes, Charlie makes his way though sweltering jungle down the second largest river on earth to the Atlantic Ocean. It's an arduous 6,000 kilometre journey across the continent of South America - camping, sweating and doing it the hard way.
-
Cleaning outside of glass properly.
Melafix is tea tree oil I think. Perhaps someone could try that
-
The What's Up? thread.
Thanks for the praise Joe. I wonder if the moss will stay blue or if it will slowly go back to green over time. I suspect it will. Nothing wrong with blue moss!
-
Thanks as I return to childhood (?)
Welcome. Those were the days eh? 8)