The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is that was ailing you instead of thyroid or sleep apnea?

Yes, blood results came back with a very low vitamin b12 result. The doctor just assumed it could be sleep apnea or my thyroid since it had similar symptoms but with the blood results confirming shortage of vitamin b12, she will start vaccinations over 6 months to boost my body again. I am using oral drops now until she returns but its not really helping. Its so strange that I should have this, cause I love red meat and mussels, I have mussels once a week and its the highest food in vitamin b12.

Wikipedia says that lack of B12 is more to do with lack of absorption than not getting enough of it in your diet.

It can be quite serious so I hope they figure out the cause. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_B12_deficiency

Maybe you need to have mackrel for your lunch too :sick:

Ugh looks like I have had it for months but only noticed it now with my increase of strenious exercise. So in a way I am glad I know whats going on. At the moment I am freaking a bit, my heart rate is 115bpm and I am sitting super still not moving much. I can't wait to see the doctor next week, this is freaking me out :o

Freaking out won't help the heart rate! We have several patients who come for regular B12 shots every 6 weeks to 3 months (varies from person to person).

Stay calm. At least they know what the problem is and look to rectifying it and/or finding the underlying cause.

Freaking out won't help the heart rate! We have several patients who come for regular B12 shots every 6 weeks to 3 months (varies from person to person).

Stay calm. At least they know what the problem is and look to rectifying it and/or finding the underlying cause.

Thanks Caryl, I think the humidity is not helping me, I put the aircon on now and feel much better :cr1: Doctors said I might have to start off with one vaccination a week and then they will thin it out, but she said I will get them for the next 6 months.

Went fishing today and caught a barracuda, small red cod, moki and some spottys, was really surprised to see 1000's of small fish that looked alot like smelt?

Went through 3 sets of hooks and sinkers before I changed to a steel trace, damn cudas!

we sent them down to you for the winter, might go out and catch a kingi or a snapper now :P