February 22, 201115 yr comment_422821 friends in chch say it was worse than the biggie last year.... Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422822 Just heard that there was another huge earthquake :tears: How is everyone and their fishies in Christchurch? Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422823 but he said there are dead bodies in the street and they can't get their vehicle out of the car park building so a friend is going to try and get them home Oh god how terrible. I've seen a bit of footage on the tv in the office. They had an aftershock live on tv and people were screaming, running and the camera quickly panned to the Cathedral church were more of it was falling to the ground. Sent shivers down my spine both times I saw it. Absolutely horrible. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422825 Have the news streaming at work, two buses crushed. Fatalities in multiple areas. Such a tragedy, hope you all in Christchurch are safe and my thoughts are with everyone with family and friends in Christchurch that are out of touch. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422827 Yeah I am thinking of all the people I know down there I hope you are all ok have sent a few texts but no answer news footage does not look good Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422829 My thoughts are with you all down in Christchurch...hope you, family, friends and animals are all safe and well Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422831 I'm a wreck and that's being 2 hours away. We're feeling the shakes but no damage. Work today seems so pointless while this is all unfolding, being an ex ambulance officer, I'm feeling so bloody helpless down here. Stay safe Cantabrians Report
February 22, 201115 yr Author comment_422832 I have heard from Jennifer, she is ok, house not so lucky, water sloshed everywhere but no fishy losses. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422833 My thoughts are with you all down in Christchurch...hope you, family, friends and animals are all safe and well plus 1 Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422834 I have heard from Jennifer, she is ok, house not so lucky, water sloshed everywhere but no fishy losses. happy she is ok, just saw her facebook and is relieved she is fine. Any news from Donna yet? Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422836 I have text Antwan and he text back to say he and BDspider are ok. Water went sloshing from tanks and fish surfed into the next room. No damage though. I am sure they will update as soon as facilities allow. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422843 Very little damage at their house, thank goodness. A lot of water out of the tanks again but nothing major broken this time. They borrowed a friend's car to get home. No idea when they can get theirs (or what condition it is in) from the car park building i town. I hear the Copthorne Hotel has collapsed with many trapped inside It was severely damaged last time I think. If there is anything any of us can do for those of you affected, even if it is accommodation away from shaky ground!, just ask. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422849 Caryl, apparently its not the Copthorne, it was the PGG building. Over 200 people work in those offices, including Marsh Insurance brokers who we deal with a bit.. I could offer accommodation for a couple of people maybe, we don't have a spare bed, we do have an airbed though... and the spare room is a bit of a mess at the moment.. but the most important thing is that its not shaking. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422851 If you are looking for someone or know info about someone in earthquake affected Christchurch use this: http://christchurch-2011.person-finder.appspot.com/ Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422854 Dennis's house is not in good shape from what I hear. :tears: :tears: :tears: Not good at all. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422855 I can't get through to my father down there. He's 88 years old and lives alone. I do hope he's okay. He's in Bishopdale so heres hoping. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422856 Look guys, his (dennis's) tank is completely broken - Need temp accomodation for L191 pleco and some acaras / firemouths and BGK. House is likely uninhabitable. Can any one down there help? txt me on 0272493674 and ill put you in touch with him. hope everyone else out there is ok. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422859 Look guys, his (dennis's) tank is completely broken - Need temp accomodation for L191 pleco and some acaras / firemouths and BGK. House is likely uninhabitable. Can any one down there help? txt me on 0272493674 and ill put you in touch with him. hope everyone else out there is ok. Phoenix that is terrible, I wish I could help, but I am here on the North island :tears: but if I can help in any way from here I offer my help to anyone needing it Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422862 Hearts out to Cantabs, just when it was getting better this happens. I will donate my blood and some money to help you out! Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422867 to all the fish lovers down in christchurch i hope all of you are ok and your fish to <3 :love: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422871 Im in hei hei and have no damage but have a couple of spare tanks and heaters if anyone needs them nathan Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422874 just saw the news 17 confirmed dead i feel so sad for all or you....i hope all you fish keepers are alright Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.