Ooohh... Earthquake

Zev

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been working in Christchurch for the last couple months and I'm amazed at how casual everyone is about the quakes.... Betting on the scale etc.

They feel way bigger in a tall building, it's my last night staying on the 12th floor that's for sure..... Booked into a single level motel for the next week :-?

Dunno - can't say I am enjoying having brain like mush at the moment :-?

It is not even worth attempting any web development because you spend the day undoing what you did the day before :nilly:

Eh - sound pretty normal for me. My brain (what little of it there is) always feels like mush...

I hear that christchurch just had doozy of an earthquake :happy1: :happy1:

Dont you mean aftershock?

I cant figure out why christchurch is still calling them aftershocks. aftershocks go on for a few days afterward at most, and gradually get smaller. Its either ignorance that its a one off and wont happen again, or that its something to do with their insurance claims. :dunno:

• 5 weeks later...

A man on national radio said the church opposide the radio building had collapsed but I don't know where their building is :-?

Worried about Gareth and Dena too.He will have been evacuated as he works in the family court building.

Because it is shallower and closer to the city they are saying the damage is worse than the first quake :(

Heard from Gareth. He and Dena are "OK" but he said there are dead bodies in the street and they can't get their vehicle out of the car park building so a friend is going to try and get them home :(

I gather there is plenty on TV1 and TV3 but I am at work so can't see it all. Don't know where to go on the internet to see live stuff.