February 22, 201115 yr comment_422877 OMG that is just terrible, our thoughts are with all of the people down there. Take care guys Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422878 Sadly I doubt it will end with 65 dead. Still waiting to hear that friends are safe but I'm sure they'll be in touch as soon as they can. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422879 well tbh who couldn't see it coming, that last earthquake saga should have been a warning Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422880 It is gutted to hear about the number of people who have died so far News footage is not good.. I hope everyone from here is ok there is only 1 or 2 I haven't got in touch with yet (marklb and Nav if anyone has heard from them). well tbh who couldn't see it coming, that last earthquake saga should have been a warning Lots of people were thinking they already had the "once in a 100 yr quake" so were in the safe and could carry on with their lives with no issues.. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422881 well tbh who couldn't see it coming, that last earthquake saga should have been a warning Even if it was a warning its not as if a lot of people can up and move because of the quakes. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422883 I miss out every time!!!! :an!gry was down there for nearly a week late last year, not even a rumble from passing trucks. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422887 Most of us are safe, dodgy internet, power, phone and water. Haven't heard from Alan despite lots of trying but roads are closed around me at the moment so I can't get out. I think we have accounted for most others in the area, heavy damages but no major injuries to report. I have room for 4-6 if anyone needs a bed and I have power and can house fish if anyone needs it. Also, if anyone needs help to find missing people, let me know. Txt seems to be most reliable at the moment. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422896 Most of us are safe, dodgy internet, power, phone and water. Haven't heard from Alan despite lots of trying but roads are closed around me at the moment so I can't get out. I think we have accounted for most others in the area, heavy damages but no major injuries to report. I have room for 4-6 if anyone needs a bed and I have power and can house fish if anyone needs it. Also, if anyone needs help to find missing people, let me know. Txt seems to be most reliable at the moment. Good to see you are safe and still offering help Is there much structural damage to your property? Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422897 anyone know how the national library feared? I know some people who work there... Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422915 I can't get through to my father down there. He's 88 years old and lives alone. I do hope he's okay. He's in Bishopdale so heres hoping. We're all hoping along with you Adrienne, please keep us updated once you hear back from him. I'm sure he's ok. My sister is in Chch as well and she said that the shaking wasn't really really bad so the main thing is how sturdy your father's house is. If it's strong then I'm sure he's ok. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422919 I am in the north island but if anyone needs any help I will do what I can, I can house fish and will be donating blood tomorrow. My thoughts are with everyone down there Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422929 I felt the pain for christchurch, wishing everyone safe and sound and able to find a shelter. Is raining heavy down in christchurch now. God bless.. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422931 Hearts out to Cantabs, just when it was getting better this happens. I will donate my blood and some money to help you out! I am in the north island but if anyone needs any help I will do what I can, I can house fish and will be donating blood tomorrow. My thoughts are with everyone down there In regards to donating blood, please check the NZ Blood website/facebook. They're alright for blood stock at the moment. There was a little bit of misinformation going around. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422943 We're all hoping along with you Adrienne, please keep us updated once you hear back from him. I'm sure he's ok. Adrienne sent me a pm earlier saying she is in contact with him and he is a little shaken but he is safe Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422944 We're all hoping along with you Adrienne, please keep us updated once you hear back from him. I'm sure he's ok. My sister is in Chch as well and she said that the shaking wasn't really really bad so the main thing is how sturdy your father's house is. If it's strong then I'm sure he's ok. Thanks. I managed to get hold of him just after 7pm. He'd been trying to get through to me as well. He's fine, he said he had to hold on firmly so that he wasn't toppled off his feet but fortunately he was at home when it hit and not out walking. His house is okay, 5 ornaments broken. In the Sept one all his pictures came down and smashed and his tv went flying across the lounge. Bishopdale is nearly as far away from the main quake area as you can get in ChCh so he's been lucky so far. My husband said in early October that he wouldn't be surprised if a volcano popped up somewhere either on the plains or in Lyttelton Harbour so we will see if it in fact does happen. Pretty scary and the trouble is that if you live there you really can't just up and leave. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422946 my step sisters mum is missing, i hope that turns out ok. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422949 MarkLB had a lot of damage but he is ok. Good to hear he is ok Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422957 Hi all, glad to hear that (mostly) everyone and their fish are okay. I am an ex-pat Cantab, so really feeling it for you all (and me!) &c:ry If there is _anything_ that I can do for people from up here in dorkers, please just say the word. I've got lots of gear – heaters, filters, etc. that I could ship down if necessary. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422974 Well i came home to axolotls half dead on the floor and every fish tank with fish in it broken most dead only barbs and senegal birchir left and no water coming out of tap so had to use old pond water for injured axies and no heat either for fish! Me and my friend were loking at the foot path when an aftershock happend and water just came gushing out of the foot path! Roads are a wreck and heaps of flooding if u dont have 4wd you might not get through some parts! Living in sumner when the after shock was in lytilton is not good Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422976 Does anyone know how the pet shops got on this time? Also the Animates head office is In CHCH. My thoughts are with all of you down there. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_422987 I hope you are all hanging in there still. I don't imagine you had much sleep last night with all the jolts continuing throughout the night. Stay strong! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.