August Aquarium World (& Year Book & membership cards)

Caryl

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the transparency of the paper, you can see what is on the other side of the page, it also makes the images look flat and like they are printed on a cheap inkjet printer that cannot make black properly.

I miss the thicker glossy cover :(

Content very good as per usual.

The cards have lines through the graphic that is something I suspect to do with the way Microsoft products handle images, but look good - well done Jarren.

But I am a fussy old tart :wink: and will now proceed to hide from Caryl hide.gif

I don't like the transparency of the paper, you can see what is on the other side of the page, it also makes the images look flat and like they are printed on a cheap inkjet printer that cannot make black properly.

Whew. I am glad I am not the only one who thought that. But I am a bit of a perfectionist... :roll: :wink:

hide.gifHiding with Zev...

Obviously became member too late. Anybody in the howick area able to lend me theirs so i can read the fighter breeding article? =D

Josh - I'll email the article to you. It won't have the pics though as I sent them to Caryl separately. PM me your email address. :D

Josh - I'll email the article to you. It won't have the pics though as I sent them to Caryl separately. PM me your email address. :D

It's a great article Adrienne :D It may just tempt me to set up a spare tank for my male fighter who's been blowing bubble nests in the community tank....

The rest of the magazine is cool too - thanks Caryl! :hail:

Josh did you just sign up with Auckland Fishkeepers? I know they had 3 sign up last meeting and those 3 will get the August magazines as soon as I have all the details.

I too don't like the cover for the same reason as Zev and Jennifer but at $1.50 or so less per mag I will put up with it. I can print my own glossy ones anyway :lol:

I don't know what lines Zev refers to in the graphic though. The only lines I can see are the wriggly ones that are supposed to be there in the fins :o

I don't know what lines Zev refers to in the graphic though. The only lines I can see are the wriggly ones that are supposed to be there in the fins :o

They are white and about 2mm apart horizontally on the the water graphic - sorry these are the sorts of things I notice first :roll: