Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Neon

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Neon

  1. Awesome tank.
  2. Neon replied to Adrienne's topic in Catfish
    I had some once. I kept them in a big planted community tank so I didn't see them much...
  3. They use them in those CSI shows don't they?
  4. I'd like to donate blood but I faint when I get blood tests done so it's probably not a good idea...
  5. Neon replied to antwan's topic in Freshwater
    Looks awesome - almost makes me want to try setting up a nice tank again!
  6. More info about his fish here: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10784959
  7. I think I actually prefer the weta.... that centipede looking things looks creepy
  8. Hollywood Mt Roskill had some nice firemouths when I went in there just before Christmas... I was tempted to get them as I've always liked them, but have resisted so far
  9. What fry have you got? Livebearers? I use clove oil
  10. oooh lucky, Melbourne is great for fish shops and the aquarium. I doubt you'd be able to bring ADA soil back into the country though. Here are a couple of places I've been that I thought were good: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Subscape-Aquarium/165185040211176 This is the one bdspider mentioned: http://www.facebook.com/upmarketaquariums
  11. looks cool I like the moss on the branches
  12. cool!!!! :happy2: Sorry I don't have any daphnia culture for you....
  13. Nice! LDA25s are cool :happy2:
  14. Hi all, The next meeting of the Auckland fishkeepers club will be: Time: 7.30pm When: Tuesday 11 October 2011 Where: Green Bay Community House Barron Drive Green Bay Behind New World Supermarket Park in the carpark on Barron Drive and the meeting is right next door we hope to see you there.
  15. I just read about the Mapua aquarium burning down..... I'm gutted, it was awesome. I assume the fish are goners http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10751900
  16. Neon replied to Zev's topic in The Off Topic Fishroom
    ouch! poor kitty
  17. 1. I found the first plant but that was only because I knew what it was. It didn't have photos, which would have been helpful 2. was no good at all 3. biosecurity was ok, but took a while to find. I've used this site before so knew what to look for 4. I found the niwa site hard to search on. It's quite an academic site and I didn't find it very user friendly. Though the guides on "good" and "bad" aquarium plants are good. This is my favourite site for identifying aquatic plant pests: http://www.arc.govt.nz/environment/biosecurity/search-for-plants/index.cfm?6379FDBB-14C2-3D2D-B92F-C9F85E93F9A0&tag=1
  18. Neon replied to Zdoda's topic in Diseases
    Stink. I hope it wasn't because of their trip away last weekend
  19. Forgot to say - huge thanks to Hollywood Fish Farm and Bird Barn for their generous sponsorship!
  20. Hi everyone, The next meeting will be on Tuesday 13th September at 7.30pm at Pinkfish's place near Pt Chev. For address details, please PM or email myslelf, Pinkfish or Ryanjury. We will be having a professional photographer giving advice on taking photos of fish. Hope to see you there
  21. The raffle has been drawn and winners notified. Winners were: 1st: Jack Young 2nd: Tatiana 3rd: Gabriel The winner of the guess the number of fish competition was Leah (there were 39 chocolate sprats)
  22. Thanks Jack - that sounds fun. Fish club trip anyone? :lol:
  23. Neon replied to Zdoda's topic in Diseases
    hey that sucks wish I could help but I don't know what could be wrong with them. Are the killie's eyes a bit bulgy?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.