August Aquarium World (& Year Book & membership cards)

Caryl

First of all, I apologise for the delay but it is out of my hands. I managed to find a local print shop that could produce the magazines cheaper than I was able to and promised a 5 working day turnaround. The local shop is part of a national chain, Printstop (aka Same Day Print).

The local personnel were great and easy to work with. The jobs were all organised, prices confirmed, and sent off on Thursday 29th July.

On Monday Aug 2, I was informed the owners had decided it was not economic to continue trading and the shop would close at the end of the week. This had come as a shock to the staff I had been dealing with and they looked like this :o

This was OK as the magazines would be back before then (5 day turnaround remember?). The membership cards arrived (faster to print) and looked great! By late Friday, and closing day, there was still no sign of the magazines but the staff assured me they were being done.

Turns out the printer held off printing until the cheque cleared (in case the local owners' cheque bounced) then it appears they missed the courier! :evil:

I have just had a call from the local, now unemployed staff person, to say they have arrived and she is on her way to personally deliver them to my door :bounce:

A big thanks to Liz who has gone above and beyond the call of duty to keep me informed, as much as she was able, on what was happening and where the magazines were up to in the production and delivery - even after she no longer had a job.

I don't know how long it will take me to ready them for post as I have to make sure addresses match the cards!

Stay tuned and I will give you an idea of what you will find in this issue later on...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, address labels are being printed and I have 3 boxes of magazines on the table. They do not have the laser gloss of previous magazines (because they are printed differently) but still look good and are nicely trimmed around the edges. Some of you will have glossy versions as we got another 30 members or so after the print job was ordered so I will have to run them off here on the laser.

In this issue, have a go at the (mostly) fishy crossword.

Read what happened when Matt was asked to rescue a fish

Absorb the latest in the plecostomus series and learn about Hypancistrus

There are a couple of items about snails

See and read about Norman and Sharon diving in Dahab

There is a conference report and lots of photos

Learn about the Malabar puffer fish

Read how Adrienne breeds those gorgeous Betta splendens she has

How does Simon collect rainwater for use in his aquariums?

See what a great job Tasman did of their week's display at the Richmond Mall (see Waikato's efforts in the November issue)

and lots more!! :bounce:

I have now matched the cards to the address labels and am having a break and a cuppa before I start bagging them all 8)

Yeah Zev, will have to wait and see what to do for November and see what people think of the different look. I can get the job done through the same company via the Nelson branch but prefer to have a local place I can deal with face to face. There is another place here I can try so will do so.

Don't start that again! :lol:

His was actually the first one bagged and tagged though.

Jim I had to re-address yours by hand as I forgot tochange your address in the mail merge. Don't forget to send me your new one when it changes again :wink:

I hope you all like the magazines as they are a bit different this time due to the different print process used.

Tell me about it P44- I think it the mail goes south, circumnavigates the globe and gets to Auckland first, then down the country. :)

P44 is in the same club as Supasi, so he must be!

Both me and P44 are members of NZKA.

Our club is not yet affiliated. Waiting for the OK from the exectutives :wink:

Has not much to do with the Exec, and more to do with responses from the affiliated clubs :wink:

Both me and P44 are members of NZKA.

Our club is not yet affiliated. Waiting for the OK from the exectutives :wink:

Yeah that is what we are waiting for, well responses from the clubs anyway :) There was a hope of getting enough responses through in time to be included in the year book but it was not to be :( Hopefully they come through soon as there are already quite a few of us that have paid and are waiting :)