We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.
Everything posted by JarrenB
-
New Google Home Page
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/06/30/how-to-get-hide-the-black-google-bar-or-change-it-back-to-white/ Told you it was just a matter of time.... :happy1:
-
New Google Home Page
Have you noticed the new "black line" on the Google homepage? Do you like it? I personally hate it and can't wait for someone to make a firefox add-on that will get rid of it...
-
End of the world (not religious argument just observation)
:slfg:
-
26 degrees too cold for tropicals?
I don't know I haven't asked them :lol: As I say they look exactly the same, but I really don't know what "Extremely Rare Qualtiy" is...
-
26 degrees too cold for tropicals?
The price is a little high! I paid $12.50 each at the LFS for some just like that...
-
Lovebird Diet
Thanks for that! I didn't think the 'pet shop diet' was very healthy.
-
Lovebird Diet
Have had my two masked lovebirds for a few weeks now... But I think a better diet is in order. I feed them "parrot mix" (dried seeds), Fresh Spinage and as a treat a millet spray evry once and a while. I've tryed many vege's and fruits but they don't go near them. There are many sites out there with what to feed and what not to feed but there is a lot of conflicting advice :nilly: Any advice/help ...
-
A Medley Of Questions
Yeah, although I've never kept them with any peaceful fish so don't know how they would go with tetras for example. I think they are known as 'semi-aggresive'. Not as readily available as tiger barbs but you should have no prob's tracking some down with large shops like Hollywood fish farm around.
-
A Medley Of Questions
Melon Barbs http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Puntius&species=fasciatus - look great - Very active - Not as aggresive as tiger barbs I have also kept them with tiger barbs and they have been fine.
-
help hot weather and axolotl
I've found airstones help, but not too many as they don't like a lot of water movement. A bigger tank will also help... A great reason to upgrade! :happy2:
-
"How not to kill your fish" (Expert Village)
"How not to kill your fish" yet another great and informative video from our friends at "Expert" Village :facepalm: . But seriously how many fish (& other pets) die as a result of these videos? Here is a classic.... "if you have any questions about training contact someone who has actually done it" - there's an idea! This sums it up nicely: "Apparently, step 1 tap vigorously and annoyingly on the glass. Step 2 get bitten then give it cheese. Step 3 ask someone who knows how to train a mouse to tell you how to train a mouse. Thanks I know just what to do now."
-
Snails in my tank
If you don't want to get a snail eating fish you could put a small slice of courgette in tank overnight, and by morning it will be crawling with snails, then just pick them out. This method won't remove them totally but can be used to control their numbers. Also, A local club member (Hawkes Bay Aquarium Soc.) had a method involving a piece of copper wire, for more info on this email/pm Zev she will have it amongst her minutes. Hope this helps ...
-
Snails in my tank
A young clown loach will stay small enough to live in your tank for a while (at least long enough to remove the snails) and clowns are easily sold or re-homed when they get too big.
-
LED LIGHTING QUESTION????? plus NANO tank pics
Tank, fish and corals look great. I don't (and never have) kept saltwater but If everything is going smoothly and the corals are thriving I'd stick with your current lighting rather than risk a change but as I say I no nothing about saltwater lighting.
-
Anyone recognise this chick?
Tawny Frogmouth? :-?
-
Wanting a unique fish to try breed!
Some Kribs, they are quite cool.
-
Microsoft Publisher - free download?
Yeah thanks, but it looks like I might be upgrading to win7.
-
Microsoft Publisher - free download?
I use 2003 Word, and Power Point on my laptop (I know they are old but I know how to use them and its the same version that school has so I can upload and download to school PC's with no problem). Anyway is there anywhere where you can download Publisher '03 for free? I have seen a few sites with "free downloads" but then they ask for your credit card number... I don't think so :roll:
-
Tropical pond?
I've seen stuff on you tube where they just have cheap pools (like the ones they sell at the warehouse) in their garage.
-
how bad is your MTS at the moment
3 150L - tropical 1 300L - 2x Turtle 1 100L - 4x young axolotls 1 Empty And to feed my multiple pet syndrome... Cage - 1 mouse Large outdoor hutch - 6 guinea pigs 1 Jack Russell 1 Cat Fingers crossed a budgie or cockatiel will soon be on this list...
-
TM auctions were the seller pretends to be the animal
:lol: My bad... how do you get a dictionary for firefox, here I was coping and pasting everything to word. :roll:
-
Pet Birds
Thanks guys I think I might get a budgie, I really like the yellow and green ones. But also looking at a cockatiel, they seem much more interactive with there owners and do some funny things - eg. One at local pet shop sticks its head up inside a bell and sings. And at $40 or so they won't break the bank. Anyone had experience with these guys.
-
Pet Birds
Have been looking after my cousins Budgie while she was away... and now I'm hooked! :lol: I know there are some bird lovers here so just thought I'd ask what's the best bird species to keep, what do they need in the way of housing. Keep in mind: - I want an indoor cage, not an outdoor aviary. - I don't want to spend heaps on my first bird in case I get something wrong... Thanks
-
TM auctions were the seller pretends to be the animal
TM auctions were the seller pretends to be the animal - Do these listing really annoy anyone else or is it just me? "Our owner says..." "My owner thinks..." The sellers take simple info and turn it into a huge story! :evil:
-
instruction manual
I don't know what type of bulb those tanks have - but fluros start to flicker when they need replacing. :-?