Enclosure Pics only!! Post your enclosure!!

Tabz

Here's my Exoterra,

This one is going to have Whistling Tree Frogs going in it. Managed to score a big 100cm x 45cm for the Bell Frogs

We have got one at the moment just finishing growing its front legs -Whistlers are hard to come by up here in Tauranga!!! Anyone got any for sale who are keen to send!!

wtfhi.jpg

dsc00879w.jpg

Have just upgraded the Bell Frogs, Terrarium is only a couple of days old - so looks pretty sparse at the moment. lots of mucking around with the waterfall and false bottom.

Hmmm, not sure if you were asking about the pic's in my post?

But the top pic is an exoterra 45cm x 45cm x 45cm at about $150.00, the light is a dual 100watt homemade fitting about $5.00 + bulbs (6500k Spirals), some orchid bark mix and assorted $2.00 houseplants that suddenly started growing.

The second one was a trademe purchase. We got the whole tank + stand + lid + light + cannister filter for $40 ( I nearly cr***ed myself when we were bidding) Has a random assortment of plants that are just starting to take.

Growing out the Bell Frog Taddies at the moment.

Hmmm, not sure if you were asking about the pic's in my post?

But the top pic is an exoterra 45cm x 45cm x 45cm at about $150.00, the light is a dual 100watt homemade fitting about $5.00 + bulbs (6500k Spirals), some orchid bark mix and assorted $2.00 houseplants that suddenly started growing.

The second one was a trademe purchase. We got the whole tank + stand + lid + light + cannister filter for $40 ( I nearly cr***ed myself when we were bidding) Has a random assortment of plants that are just starting to take.

Growing out the Bell Frog Taddies at the moment.

yea it was your pics anyway my tank full of wihstlers looks just like the first pic and it cost abit more than that :D

• 3 weeks later...

Jaspers stand is finally finished took a week to build but months to paint the box white and put the corners on. just need to get another piece of glass for the shelf as i tried to cut the last one and smashed it into a million pieces. stupid glass. And i need to sort out the cords in the back.

I want to build a background for it but i cant make my mind up on what to do

15012011677.jpg

15012011676.jpg

nice stand jn87. mean enclosure there broms.

four weeks on, my frog tank is coming along nicely.

this was it mid december. (posted pics back on page 6 of this thread i think)

l.jpg

now

frogtank.jpg

water level is suppose to be much lower, just need to make an adaption for the water outlet. then the river from left to right is more obvious.

Cheers, I'll have to flood it at some stage :lol: hopefully the xmas moss doesnt come away from the substrate.

The bell frogs will out grow that tank pretty quick and once they get bigger will make a mess. So I might put whistling tree frogs in there. Or maybe even out with the frogs in with the shirmp :P

nice stand jn87. mean enclosure there broms.

four weeks on, my frog tank is coming along nicely.

this was it mid december. (posted pics back on page 6 of this thread i think)

l.jpg

now

frogtank.jpg

water level is suppose to be much lower, just need to make an adaption for the water outlet. then the river from left to right is more obvious.

So jealous of your set up ID. That have you used for substrates?

Thanks for the positive comments :D

So jealous of your set up ID. That have you used for substrates?

Just the local river, few big rocks along the bottom, then finer stuff (with a few chunky bits) on top to form river and island etc. Laid xmas moss ontop and away she went.

love the tank insect direct is it hard to make land and water without the water going mercy ?
As long as you have a filter it should clear up pretty quick, once cycled like a fish tank it becomes crystal clear :D . If i really disturb the river bit it still gets cloudy, but clears within an hour or two now. That tank has a canister filter onit, so there's plenty of filtration for the frogs and few tadpoles that are currently in there.

love the tank insect direct is it hard to make land and water without the water going mercy ?
As long as you have a filter it should clear up pretty quick, once cycled like a fish tank it becomes crystal clear :D . If i really disturb the river bit it still gets cloudy, but clears within an hour or two now. That tank has a canister filter onit, so there's plenty of filtration for the frogs and few tadpoles that are currently in there.

i would be tempted to go without a filter in anything smaller then a 1m tank. Maybe a small internal pump, pumping water from one area to the next (create a waterfall/river etc) and use the plants and substrate to filter the water. Could go undergravel filter, or drill holes and plumb (hides hose's) a canister filter to it. probably over kill though.

i have two exoterra's the same size as yours. no filters, one has a water pump to sprinklers for the plants, other nothing at all, both look good. So many ways to attack a setup, keep it simple and find what works for your and you cant go wrong :P