Enclosure Pics only!! Post your enclosure!!

Tabz

Here's a couple of pic's of my recently completed frog enclosure. It's a standard Exo Terra 60cm x 60cm x 45cm.

It has been up and running for about 4 weeks, and after some initial issues with cloudy water it has now cleared up really well, the moss is growing, the fish & the frogs are feeding (not on each other :o ) so far so good...

I was inspired by the terrarium builds on this forum, & I also found some good ideas from the Dart Frog forum. I couldn't help getting a bit carried away with the build, adding a waterfall :roll: but it was good fun. I've tried to keep the planting quite simple with just 2 types of bromeliads, a green leaved tillandsia, & I had to use Neo. lilliputiana. Also used 3 types of moss, java, club & live sphagnum. Thinking about adding a fern or 2, but will wait & see.

A school of Gold White Cloud MM occupy the water area, while Whistling Tree Frogs occupy land area...and they make good use of every bit of it!

Front view:-

P1130149copy.jpg

Side view:-

P1130159.jpg

I took heaps of photos during the build process, so could show these at some stage if anyone is interested.

Cheers, Andrew.

:thup: Thanks!

The terrarium sits in a corner, with walls on 2 sides, so it was designed to be seen from the front, & from the side, here's another pic'.

P1130239copy.jpg

P1130220.jpg

I'll put together some of the build pic's & set up a new topic.

Cheers, Andrew.

• 4 weeks later...

the end of a slightly insane era,last pics before starting to strip out big big enclosure

lookin out the shed window.

DSC01278.jpg

lookin back at the shed from inside enclosure.

DSC01282.jpg

turtles basking.

DSC01017.jpg

w dragons chilling.

DSC01212.jpg

lookin right from inside enclosure

DSC01283.jpg

excuse the sudden influx of pix,but borred as at work n got free broadband. wooo hoooo

the end of a slightly insane era,last pics before starting to strip out big big enclosure

w dragons chilling.

DSC01212.jpg

Wow! Great enclourses...what are you doing with this one now???

The pic of Water Dragons chiling is cool 8) makes me want to get me some...

Looks good Jason. Can you give the details on your misting system?

And whats that neat little vine with the heart shaped leaves?

Cheers, Andrew.

not shore of the plants name just got it from the warehouse in the "weeie cuties" section i think.

I bought my misting system in from US but it is quite a big set up. its basically a small water tank with a bulk head to the pump then it branches off to all the enclosures. it is set up for 4 700x400 and one 1500x600 tank. have not set up all the tanks yet but all in good time :thup:

Jason is that a mist king setup you purchased?

I made a cheapo version.

these http://www.trademe.co.nz/health-beauty/ ... 887312.htm are also good for raising humidity for the likes of mosses etc just rig a tube to the tank.

turned down it lasts a couple of days, running constantly, before having to refill. cranked up can fully mist out four foot enclosures - without fully saturating everything - just stick on timer to come on every hour or so :D

Jason is that a mist king setup you purchased?

I made a cheapo version.

these http://www.trademe.co.nz/health-beauty/ ... 887312.htm are also good for raising humidity for the likes of mosses etc just rig a tube to the tank.

turned down it lasts a couple of days, running constantly, before having to refill. cranked up can fully mist out four foot enclosures - without fully saturating everything - just stick on timer to come on every hour or so :D

Yer mist king but only bought the nozzles and pump (could not fine a good enough pump here that didn't shake the whole shed) all the pipes local

it is a mean system though can run 20 nozzles, but it all adds up $$$. i was just sick of the one of the garden sprinklers blocking and making the others mini water blasters.

made the water tank out of perspex, probably could of done it cheaper with a bucket :lol: , but was borred and had newer mad a perspex tank before so thought i would give it ago :slfg:

yep got mine on a timer come on every 4 house for 1 min.

mean. i looked in to them. they seem to have a good rep.

i know what you mean. some frogs do like to play who can eat the blasting water though :sml2:

Yer has been good to me so far

i bought a pump local 75psi but it was not strong enough so took it back and payed abit more for a 125 psi but i could only find ones with a built in presure switch so they were switching on and off every second with made the room like christchurch, and it blew up

so bought a mist king one for cheaper than i spent on nz ones, shipping does kill you though. mist king one is pretty quite though.

i found them very help full emailed the owner directly and he was very help full,

will post pics tomorrow on my reptile room topic if i get time. not all tanks are set up but o well