Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enclosure Pics only!! Post your enclosure!!

Featured Replies

Just finished my desert habitat from one of my leopard geckos.

The fake rock is made out of expanding foam and then cut into shape.

Painted with non-toxic paint and sealer then covered Reptile One Desert Sand.

For substrate again I used Reptile One Desert Sand and wet it down so it went hard to stop the gecko from licking it all up. When its shedding time, he is taking out and put in a humid hide.

Mealworm dish in the right front corner and water bowl.

For heating he has a 100W Night Light and a 60W Light bulb for the day.

Ambient temp is around 28-29 degrees.

DSCF5239.jpg

DSCF5240.jpg

  • Replies 322
  • Views 85.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The new tank  

  • This is my new winter home for lizards and turtles. Has sandpit leaf litter area as well as dirt area in whish I will plant some things for them to eat. Just finished in the weekend. Still a work i

  • Waterdragon,coastal beardie,snakeneck n reves enclosure. spot the dragons

Posted Images

Thanks guys.

Will probably sell this one some time soon as its will be too small soon.

I just went to Bunnings and got:

2x Can expanding foam, non toxic if you can.

Some non-toxic poster paint

Tile sealant

Sand

Cool, backgrounds all round.

Those frogs look happy, well the male may be. :sml2:

I've wanted to attempt making a background something like that for some time. One day, one day I will.

  • 3 weeks later...
Great set-up Jason! May I ask what brand of expanding foam you used for the wall and where you picked it up from?

yer this is the first one I've done, a bit of a practice one.

I used gorilla DIY expanding foam from placemakers but any hard wear store will stock it. and sealed it with a non toxic silicone, them stuck the peat moss to the wet silicone.

The frogs sit on it a lot and they have not be affected by it as far as i can see. it is also wet most of the time, from the sprinkler system and it has not grown mold.

Cheers, I was going to pull it apart yesterday as could do with the tank for something else, but just seemed like a waste. So cleaned glass and took some photos instead :sml2:

The dark green stuff is xmas moss so im told. I use to think it was java, definitely one or the other :D

Small moss growing up the log is a native i think, hardly see it in pic.

Lush lime green stuff you can just make out in the centre, looks like this http://www.terrain.net.nz/friends-of-te-henui-group/club-mosses/african-clubmoss-selaginella-kraussian.html

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.