Enclosure Pics only!! Post your enclosure!!

Tabz

Another view of the house as I was making it. I got the glass for free and brought the frame through Ullrich Aluminum. Cost for the case was 560 so I made it 1500 long 780 deep 900 tall entry is by sliding front door. Not perfect due to the lack of vents but I open the door a lot when I am near. For summer I will need to find a better vent.

houseb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For feeding I just let locusts go in the cage every few days. I give them a dust up and some will remain on their bodies for a few days. Crix I spray and dust up and drop in front of him at lunch time. If he doesn't eat it right away Ill just catch it again and try another day. Most days he is offered a few worms with spray on them. Again if he doesn't eat them I just put them back in the colony. Veg offered daily. Seems to go in fits and starts on eating them. Currently into green things. Including the odd bit of grass that I leave in for locusts.

locusts.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is where it gets a bit carried away. Heating etc. Night 2x ceramic heat lamps one 150W one 100W with a small computer fan. Temp <20 DegC all on. I found that if he got too cold at night he took a long time to warm up and stopped eating. Local pet shop has Lizards in room with fish and temp of room never gets below 26, their guys seem to be very active and growing well. 7 am 12 LED come on for a bit of wake up light, then 275 W Basking lamp and UV lamp, temp in the area gets up to 40 DegC far end of cage is 10 Deg or so less. Between 11.30 and 2.30 another thermostat kicks in and far end temp is regulated to 24 Deg, so the whole thing heats up a few Deg for a mid day high. At night lights go off and LED remain on for 3 hours extra, this is just so we can see him a bit and he gets a bit of moon time.

Feel free to ask anything else. The last 8 months have been a bit of a learning curve. LOL

Here an enclosure i built earlier this year before i sold 90% of my reptiles..

IMG_5840.jpg

Was going to be 4 levels, but i got carried away and did 6 :lol:

Its hardly been used :roll: , should have paid the bills after all lol.

Old turtle setup, coverted for water dragon, which outgrew it way to fast :roll: Planned on upgrading again to double the height, but sold the water dragon instead. Now a couple of random frogs and stray plants until further a do..

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

Thats about as good as it gets around here. Hope to make a display tank some day.

i have a project tank here that I have not done anything with if anyone is interested?ex shop display counter with aluminium frame,all laminated glass with one side open (and enough 1/4 inch galvanised mesh to make a door?about 1450x800x500.transportation could be a problem but if someone has some interest and enthusiasim they could let me know.was going to put it up on TM but have not got around to it yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Here an enclosure i built earlier this year before i sold 90% of my reptiles..

IMG_5840.jpg

Was going to be 4 levels, but i got carried away and did 6 :lol:

Its hardly been used :roll: , should have paid the bills after all lol.

Old turtle setup, coverted for water dragon, which outgrew it way to fast :roll: Planned on upgrading again to double the height, but sold the water dragon instead. Now a couple of random frogs and stray plants until further a do..

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

Thats about as good as it gets around here. Hope to make a display tank some day.

there is an albino!

that is not random,just plain awsome 8)

Good old Top Glass. Just looking at the invoice, looks to of cost $90 for all 12 chrome finger pull's, think that includes the holes drilled aswel, or maybe they didnt charge me for that. Pretty good @ $7.50 each, after asking how much extra for them ontop of the glass and tracks, I couldnt resist. :D

Very handy eh, easy to open, no finger marks on glass etc.

It is more of a scrubbing brush, lot harder than a shoe brush. When he was shedding around the face I noticed him rubbing his face on the log. The idea is he might find other textures useful. The camera is meant to record these kinds of behaviours so I can see if these things are working or not.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...