Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Enclosure Pics only!! Post your enclosure!!

Featured Replies

SNEAKY:

how doyou feed, just release insects or you must hvae a natural source ay?

wow!

is that outdoor, can we have more pics?

perhaps how you access it, view it, any different viweing angles?

etc, curious looks awesome!

  • Replies 322
  • Views 85.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • The new tank  

  • This is my new winter home for lizards and turtles. Has sandpit leaf litter area as well as dirt area in whish I will plant some things for them to eat. Just finished in the weekend. Still a work i

  • Waterdragon,coastal beardie,snakeneck n reves enclosure. spot the dragons

Posted Images

I would not describe the food as all that natural. I have a Locust colony Crix and Mealworms. The photo here shows the breeding groups of locusts and crix. I keep the baby and feeding locust in a different box. Mealworms are just in trays with food.

bughouse.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Another view of the house as I was making it. I got the glass for free and brought the frame through Ullrich Aluminum. Cost for the case was 560 so I made it 1500 long 780 deep 900 tall entry is by sliding front door. Not perfect due to the lack of vents but I open the door a lot when I am near. For summer I will need to find a better vent.

houseb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For feeding I just let locusts go in the cage every few days. I give them a dust up and some will remain on their bodies for a few days. Crix I spray and dust up and drop in front of him at lunch time. If he doesn't eat it right away Ill just catch it again and try another day. Most days he is offered a few worms with spray on them. Again if he doesn't eat them I just put them back in the colony. Veg offered daily. Seems to go in fits and starts on eating them. Currently into green things. Including the odd bit of grass that I leave in for locusts.

locusts.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is where it gets a bit carried away. Heating etc. Night 2x ceramic heat lamps one 150W one 100W with a small computer fan. Temp <20 DegC all on. I found that if he got too cold at night he took a long time to warm up and stopped eating. Local pet shop has Lizards in room with fish and temp of room never gets below 26, their guys seem to be very active and growing well. 7 am 12 LED come on for a bit of wake up light, then 275 W Basking lamp and UV lamp, temp in the area gets up to 40 DegC far end of cage is 10 Deg or so less. Between 11.30 and 2.30 another thermostat kicks in and far end temp is regulated to 24 Deg, so the whole thing heats up a few Deg for a mid day high. At night lights go off and LED remain on for 3 hours extra, this is just so we can see him a bit and he gets a bit of moon time.

Feel free to ask anything else. The last 8 months have been a bit of a learning curve. LOL

Here an enclosure i built earlier this year before i sold 90% of my reptiles..

IMG_5840.jpg

Was going to be 4 levels, but i got carried away and did 6 :lol:

Its hardly been used :roll: , should have paid the bills after all lol.

Old turtle setup, coverted for water dragon, which outgrew it way to fast :roll: Planned on upgrading again to double the height, but sold the water dragon instead. Now a couple of random frogs and stray plants until further a do..

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

Thats about as good as it gets around here. Hope to make a display tank some day.

i have a project tank here that I have not done anything with if anyone is interested?ex shop display counter with aluminium frame,all laminated glass with one side open (and enough 1/4 inch galvanised mesh to make a door?about 1450x800x500.transportation could be a problem but if someone has some interest and enthusiasim they could let me know.was going to put it up on TM but have not got around to it yet.

  • 3 weeks later...

Hey repto.

i am intrested in a kick ass enclousure for my beardy, so far im planning on how i want to build one, yours seems to be the perfect size for what iv dreamt up, where abouts are in nz are ya? oh and how much are you looking for?

Here an enclosure i built earlier this year before i sold 90% of my reptiles..

IMG_5840.jpg

Was going to be 4 levels, but i got carried away and did 6 :lol:

Its hardly been used :roll: , should have paid the bills after all lol.

Old turtle setup, coverted for water dragon, which outgrew it way to fast :roll: Planned on upgrading again to double the height, but sold the water dragon instead. Now a couple of random frogs and stray plants until further a do..

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

Thats about as good as it gets around here. Hope to make a display tank some day.

there is an albino!

that is not random,just plain awsome 8)

Good old Top Glass. Just looking at the invoice, looks to of cost $90 for all 12 chrome finger pull's, think that includes the holes drilled aswel, or maybe they didnt charge me for that. Pretty good @ $7.50 each, after asking how much extra for them ontop of the glass and tracks, I couldnt resist. :D

Very handy eh, easy to open, no finger marks on glass etc.

It is more of a scrubbing brush, lot harder than a shoe brush. When he was shedding around the face I noticed him rubbing his face on the log. The idea is he might find other textures useful. The camera is meant to record these kinds of behaviours so I can see if these things are working or not.

  • 4 weeks later...

Turtle pond cover took a beating in a storm a few weeks ago. Then a sparrow somehow got in, dog tried to chase it and did a bit more damage :roll:. Anyway finally tidied it up again this avo. Use to be coverd in fine bird netting, went for plastic this time, should be ok.

turtl1.jpg

turtle2.jpg

turtl3.jpg

turtle5.jpg

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.