Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Caryl

Financial Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Caryl

  1. He's an Aucklander. He probably thinks anything south of the Bombay hills is Southland
  2. Follow Stella, one of our members here, as she travels around in Maxine Van Ford! She is currently down south checking and discovering native species while writing her second book on the subject.
  3. I was a youth once too - about 45 years ago :gigl: I thought oi oi was what you shouted while waving your arms to scare off the kingfisher! :slfg: If you look in the coldwater section you will see my threads about setting up my pond, also in 2006. There is a link to the photos taken during the build, and updates since. How much of the surface is covered by plants? Afternoon shade may not be enough and over feeding plus excess sun may both be culprits in aiding algal growth. It is suggested 50% - 75% of the surface should be covered in plants.
  4. Hard to say until you narrow it down a bit. Only 2 weeks does not give you enough time to see much but, for a start, there's... Manapouri Power Station tour. We have done this and it is really interesting, even if it doesn't sound like it :sml2: . Not for the claustrophobic as you go 2km underground. https://www.realjourneys.co.nz/en/exper ... r-station/ Fiordland National Park Day Walks http://www.doc.govt.nz/documents/parks- ... -walks.pdf Milford Sound Discovery Centre. Has a floating Underwater Observatory. Brilliant! See rare black coral and all sorts of stuff. http://www.southerndiscoveries.co.nz/mi ... bservatory Albatross Colony – Dunedin. Also has a gun battery. Very interesting. Don't shoot the lighthouse! http://www.albatross.org.nz/ Visit Stewart Island – lots of walks, including the Rakiura Track. Fly or ferry over. Not cheap but worth a look. http://www.stewartisland.co.nz/ http://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/rakiura-track/ The Catlins offer walks, cycling trails, fishing, kayaking, penguins, horse treks and lots more. http://www.catlins.org.nz/ Walk a bit of the Routeburn Track http://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/routeburn-track/ Walk a bit of the Milford Track http://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/milford-track/ Walk a bit of the Kepler Track http://www.newzealand.com/int/feature/kepler-track/ Lots to do around Te Anau... http://www.lonelyplanet.com/new-zealand ... -anau-glow
  5. What about a tadolotl or an axopole? :slfg:
  6. I have the paid for version so don't have to put up with all the advertising and also get unlimited Mb or whatever.
  7. Dead Puppies Aren't Much Fun - being played on Matinee Idle (National Radio)
  8. We do not like anyone flaming people in this forum. It is your choice to do what you want with the tank. Please start a new thread as you set up and update the nano reef
  9. Hah, I was just venting I have told them what I think of them when I switched back to the old version and they wanted to know why
  10. I doubt it. That would require him going outside and moving about a bit. I know Naseby is small but not that small. :slfg: He is soon to have a Great Adventure on the Petbus!
  11. Stop changing my stuff without asking me first!!! I know you keep telling me the new look is better but I am old, I don't like change, and know how to do what I want in the old version. If I wanted your new version I would have clicked on the "Try Me!" button but I didn't so LEAVE MY ALBUMS ALONE!!! :evil:
  12. No, because he won't have the other one to chase :thup: I was surprised one of them was Denny as he is usually too lazy to get out of his own way. It is the first time I have ever seen him move much! Explains why he now looks like this...
  13. Ditto. Hope others had a better night than me! Grant got called out about 10pm so didn't get home until 3.30am so I was by myself. About 4.30am 2 cats decided to have running races up and down the hall, galloping and thudding noises ensued with the occasional vocal complaint. I had to get up and check they did not have an unfortunate animal they had brought in and let go - they didn't. Or check it was not actually a neighbouring cat - it wasn't. When I got up and turned on the light both just sat and looked me as though to say "What? I am just sitting here minding my own business. Not moving at all!" :roll:
  14. Why should we be afraid? After all, they are plotting against you :gigl:
  15. I am using the care sheet stickied in this section, to put in the next Aquarium World and am looking for some good quality pics to go with it. If you have some you are happy for me to use, please email them to me ASAP. Please add if you want your username or real name (or both) used with it. Thank you.
  16. Caryl replied to SamH's topic in Fun
    According to an article on Stufff... "Nelson, for example, has a huge number of breweries and quite rightly calls itself New Zealand's craft brewing capital, but a lot of the beer brewed in Nelson is drunk in Wellington." Not sure why having more beer drunk in your region makes you a beer capital, as I thought it referred to the making of it, but there you go. :dunno:
  17. I wonder if they are related to the ones who threw the turtle out the car window or those who stoned the rare gull chicks :evil:
  18. Very thoughtful of you :slfg:
  19. Double pretty please with knobs on Warren :bounce:
  20. Hmmmm, if I push him in, will he know it was me??? Oohhh fish!
  21. Caryl replied to SamH's topic in Fun
    And I had a cup of tea 8) Grant has been called out. Probably the result of a lightning strike - major cell site had died :roll: He might be home by 3am.
  22. Caryl replied to SamH's topic in Fun
    I have spent all afternoon working on the next Aquarium World. I have been sent no articles so far so I fear it will be a slim one! &c:ry
  23. Caryl replied to SamH's topic in Fun
    Freaking out won't help the heart rate! We have several patients who come for regular B12 shots every 6 weeks to 3 months (varies from person to person). Stay calm. At least they know what the problem is and look to rectifying it and/or finding the underlying cause.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.