Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freeze Dried Bloodworms ?

Featured Replies

I am on the hunt for bloodworms for my Axolotl larvas and found these Freeze Dried Bloodworms. never used them before. do I have to put them in water until they are soft again and feed them ? I know freeze dried coffee but bloodworms...

They will absorb the water when you feed them. I dont know that the larvas will eat them though as they bear little resemblance to either the frozen or real thing.

  • Author
you will need live food for axolotl larvae,

BBS, or daphnia are best

no, mine are already grown out of that stage (got BBS daily, didn't like daphnia - it's probably me feeding the daphnia wrong), they already eat pieces of garden worms (tiny pieces as in one ring), half whiteworms and fruit flies I give them with tweezers, just thought bloodworm pieces would be easier to feed (and I am against axolotl pellets)

EDIT: sorry they are probably no longer called larvae (or are they ?), they have front legs and the hind legs start to grow, they are between 30 and 35mm now. what are they called now ? juveniles ?

  • Author
Can you not get hold of frozen bloodworms?

if I drive to Dunedin I will but noone seems to send frozen bloodworms to Naseby, too much out in the tussock it seems. we even have a church, a hotel, a shop and a pub, I live a stone throw away from the CBD but it is listed as Rural Delivery with all the courier companies...

  • Author
cut all fat and hard tissue off some oxheart

cube meat and wrap in gladwrap and freeze individually

get one out and use craft knife blade to shave a bit off then slice finely

that is a good idea, thanks :thup: (will probably use chicken heart but anyway, good idea...)

also troughs for small boatmen, mosquito wrigglers etc

yup, the buckets and bins are ready around the house to get mosquito wigglers etc. but still no luck (still happy neighbours)...

...found several ponds in the forest with tonns of small boatmen but they are still a bit too big for now

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.