Freeze Dried Bloodworms ?

aotealotl

you will need live food for axolotl larvae,

BBS, or daphnia are best

no, mine are already grown out of that stage (got BBS daily, didn't like daphnia - it's probably me feeding the daphnia wrong), they already eat pieces of garden worms (tiny pieces as in one ring), half whiteworms and fruit flies I give them with tweezers, just thought bloodworm pieces would be easier to feed (and I am against axolotl pellets)

EDIT: sorry they are probably no longer called larvae (or are they ?), they have front legs and the hind legs start to grow, they are between 30 and 35mm now. what are they called now ? juveniles ?

Can you not get hold of frozen bloodworms?

if I drive to Dunedin I will but noone seems to send frozen bloodworms to Naseby, too much out in the tussock it seems. we even have a church, a hotel, a shop and a pub, I live a stone throw away from the CBD but it is listed as Rural Delivery with all the courier companies...

cut all fat and hard tissue off some oxheart

cube meat and wrap in gladwrap and freeze individually

get one out and use craft knife blade to shave a bit off then slice finely

that is a good idea, thanks :thup: (will probably use chicken heart but anyway, good idea...)

also troughs for small boatmen, mosquito wrigglers etc

yup, the buckets and bins are ready around the house to get mosquito wigglers etc. but still no luck (still happy neighbours)...

...found several ponds in the forest with tonns of small boatmen but they are still a bit too big for now