Carl's Jnr burgers

Sophia

I'm going tomorrow for the first time and I can't decide what to have, there is so much lard-filled choice!

And on top of that there are desserts and thickshakes. I can't fit in a burger, chips, dessert and a thickshake...

:nilly:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested in your review. I'm an avid fast food fan but I didn't enjoy C.Jr. at all.

My partner and I got it when we went to Auckland a few months after they first opened. Neither of us could finish anything we got, it was the worst fast food we've ever had.

I had the mushroom thick burger while in Auckland last week, thought it was reasonably good, sort of like a middle ground between Burger Fuel and McCrap. I really liked the chips too, nice and crispy. I'd go back again, at least to try the bacon and guacamole one, or the jalapeno one, or the bacon and guacamole with jalapenos...

I find it hard to believe that anyone can not like Carl's Jr. :dunno:

You have to get the ThickBurgers to really appreciate them. How can you not like all that sauce and juices oozing out and running down your fore arms... And the cross cut fries... OMG!

BUT, the best part of all are their commercials. Aimed squarely at 16-24 year old males.

:thup:

We liked it overall and we are not McDonald/Wendy's or overpriced boutique burger fans. The only thing that let them down was the burgers were only lukewarm, I nearly took them back for hot ones but was overcome by a fit of politeness. My husband thought the sauce drowned out the contents.

We both got single memphis bbq burgers, and my husband got a chocolate ice cream shake, and I got a small chips. I prefer the chips over McDonalds, they weren't as salted and I liked the bits of potato skins.

We filled in the little 'how did we do' forms on the tables so we put that the burgers were cold and our names and addresses so hopefully they will send us a voucher haha

I'd like to try a couple of the other burgers. I thought they were pretty good for a fast food restaurant. Also I liked the smokey flavour of the burger, the meat was much better quality than a McD patty too.

Has anyone tried the deep fried zucchini?

I've never been to a Carl's Jr...I wish we had Taco Bells here though. !drool:

Mmmm, Taco Hell.... after just coming back from the States, I can say they have slipped a bit. I still love the enchirito though. Thankfully I have found a way to make that same sauce here. Rock on imported dried Ancho chilies.

Carl's Jr though...haven't been there in over a decade. Gotta love their old slogan though:

Burger Fuel have consistently been the best IME 8)

Burger Wisconsin may just have them beat (as far as chain burger stores go anyway) ;)

Oh and RE: Carls Jnr, their super deluxe breakfast platter has 2000 calories and 112g of fat lol

I haven't tried it but may have to one day just to see how ruthless it really is