Carl's Jnr burgers

Sophia

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's still as expensive as cafe food and it shouldn't be for a takeaway.

I guess you have to be a real burger fan to justify it

Except you pay more for decent quality food and larger sizes.

Burger fuel and burger wisconsin are a whole level above the standard takeaway places. Kind of like comparing a steak from a good restaurant with a steak from Denny's.

:smot: but the one that always makes me laugh is Chuck E Cheese (which I used to assume was spelt Chuckie Cheese). Why would you want to buy something that sounds like someone has already thrown it up? :sick: :roll:

• 3 weeks later...

Went back to a different Carl's Jnr burgers this evening, and I'm now officially over it.

This time had the Portobello mushroom burger and the deep fried zucchini. The zucchini were quite good, had been freshly cooked and were hot. The burger was once again lukewarm and the mushrooms were in quite a salty sauce. The burger in total was made to order, I could tell that was true, but I think the patties are pre-cooked and sitting somewhere not quite hot enough to keep them hot.

After dinner I thought I'd give them one more go and see what the bacon cheeseburger was like, but an hour on and I think I won't go back unless I'm desperate to eat and happen to be passing. It cost $21.40 for those 3 items and I expect to be really enjoying my dinner when paying that much.

It's a shame because they have the ingredients and combinations of flavours to make really good fast food burgers.

:-?

Murder Burger in Ponsonby also do some of the best burgers in town, $8-$15 for a burger. Their double-beef and wild boar bacon with kumara fries and an old fashioned milkshake is simply delish. They also do smoked kangaroo sausages with a great dipping sauce as a side

drooling_homer-712749_gif2.png

I didn't really like murder burger, burger... cost too much for what you get.

Carls Jr is still my favourite, but it all depends on which store I go to.

Mangere Carls Jr.... NOT GOOD (owned by Restaurant Brands)

St Johns Carls Jr..... VERY GOOD (co owned by Michael Jones)

I hear that the new one in Highland Park is one owned by Michael Jones... so that should be good too

Murder Burger in Ponsonby also do some of the best burgers in town, $8-$15 for a burger. Their double-beef and wild boar bacon with kumara fries and an old fashioned milkshake is simply delish. They also do smoked kangaroo sausages with a great dipping sauce as a side

drooling_homer-712749_gif2.png

Hate to break the news to you, but Murder burger has been gone for the last ~6 months, and I don't think it's coming back.

Hate to break the news to you, but Murder burger has been gone for the last ~6 months, and I don't think it's coming back.

Damn, I was there last year and the website is still up so figured so was the store... That's a shame as they were good!

:cry:

Damn, I was there last year and the website is still up so figured so was the store... That's a shame as they were good!

:cry:

Yeah the way they went about it was very odd, their premises was used as a site office for construction going on next door, but they didn't strip down any of the branding outside, or have any signs saying they had closed.

I think now it's been completely gutted and the signs taken down.

I'm might be coming but see above post, I won't be eating a burger :slfg:

Is St John's one the one out the back of Tamaki campus of university? That was one of the first ones.

Yep, thats the one. it has a mini salad bar and a wide range of fizzy drinks.... especially ginger beer :dnc1: