The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it takes a lot to kill a dog, dark cooking chocolate was the strongest and it'd take about 500g to kill a Jack Russell. I only know this because I don't like my neighbours dog... :digH:

There's a good chart here

600 grams of baking choc will do in a golden retriever! Nasty way to die, BTW...

it's a great feeling finding babies you didn't know were there. I initially found baby cockatoos in a cannister and then found 3 guppies in another. The guppies were almost fully grown and had been so starved of light I thought they were albino but after 3 days they were 3 different colours and now I can't tell which ones they were.

I Hate! website help centres :an!gry . I just RAGE QUIT windows live help thing. Bloody useless. :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry :an!gry

Doesn't take much does it? :slfg:

What did you do?

I delivered some newsletters I had printed off for the Woodworkers' Guild then had lunch with friends. Since I had a lovely roast lunch Grant can cook something for himself tonight. The place we met for lunch had 2 desserts for the price of 1 so since 1 friend wanted a dessert I got the other as a takeout for Grant later (a brandy snap and 2 serves of sticky date pudding).

I then spent the rest of the afternoon working on another newsletter for a different group.

I went to work. Tried to come home. Had hold-ups on the hill because of large numbers of AOS and cops all over it. Came home, sat on the back deck with coffee and watched the chopper circling round as it searched for someone. Had to hold my tongue when the cop holding the big gun waved me through. I wanted to say "That's a big one!" but he looked like he'd left his sense of humour at home :lol: :lol:

Yesterday I bought 15 more cardinals. Not sure how many I have now, but when I took the discus out of the tank it looked so much more peaceful and the cardinals behaved like they do in those pictures where you 100+ in a tank. It was awesome.

Considering rehoming the discus now.

Yay good on you phoenix :) Pics please? I'd love to see what they all look like together in such a large group :P

The fire alarm went off at 2:10am this morning, although there was no fire. Some of the lights weren't working. But we evacuated anyway. I grabbed all my important fishy stuff, my cash and some books, and we chucked all the cats outside, and grabbed bunny and put her in a cage, and went up the road to my uncle's place. The fire brigade came over and couldn't find anything wrong so we went back home. We are still unsure what happened, but my parents are going to call some electrician guy to come and check it out.

On a better note, my CAL Aqua Fluxus set, CAL Aqua Nano Drop Checker, GLA Bubble Counter Fluid and CO2 tubing arrived yesterday afternoon. I was most impressed by the quality. And I just can't get over that drop checker - it's tiny!

About to clean out harry's guppy breeding tank. I noticed all the fry in the large guppy tank have disappeared and that the tank is a little warm (maybe 28 instread of 26?). I wonder where the fry have gone? There are 2 apisto males in there - I guess they got hungry. Gives me a chance to cull the deformed adults though which is good.

Anybody after a bird cage or 2? I have the 2 single cages that our cockatiels lived in before we got them a big one to share. The reason I mention this is because I have to clean them out so I can sell them.

I emailed GLA today and asked if they could make their regulators with voltage and frequency to suit NZ and sadly they can't. So it looks like I'll have to get the UpAqua one but that's OK, at least it's better than nothing lol. I was browsing Ebay and came across a different UpAqua Regulator - http://cgi.ebay.com/CO2-regulator-Aquarium-solenoid-magnetic-valve-110V-/260700855711?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb2fb5d9f

How does this look? Is it any better than the other UpAqua one?