The What's Up? thread.

SamH

I got up and immidately ran to my puffer tank and was very thankful to see both my little ottos still alive :thup:

Took the kids to school :wave:

Walked to Hammer hardware and bought black polyphene sheeting and put it as my black background, time will tell whether I keep it :spop:

Now I am playing Sims Medieval and then Sims Generations, eventually I will decide which one to play the whole time :facepalm:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My dad works at a sawmill and he said that any equipment that was imported that was the wrong frequency didn't work too well or something...

So you think that those GLA ones will still be alright or not?

I have the exact same regulator / solenoid that p44 posted and it's awesome. I think it'll be a great way to go.

The GLA ones don't specifically mention 220-240V so I would assume they're American standard. The Up aqua have a needle valve on them as well it's just not a big chunky one like those have. If you've ordered the GLA one then it looks like a good solenoid. If you haven't ordered yet I'd go up aqua at what looks like a 1/4 of the price and a lot of people on here use it.

At the end of the day if it is a 110v unit you can always grab a converter from Dick Smith or similar to run it and they're not a big deal.

It is very important to check the voltage when you buy electronics from overseas. If it's the wrong voltage, you'll need to purchase an adaptor? or voltage converter or something electronic like that - all beyond me, but you need the right voltage. :sml2:

Universal voltage for worldwide use (110V / 220V)

if it has 110v~240v on it it's ok

if it has 230v~240v on it it's all good

if it has 110v~120v on it it's going to need a step down transformer to step 230v~240v down to 110v~120v which isn't cheap.

http://dicksmith.co.nz/product/M1160/stepdown-transformer-240-115v-ac-25va

http://jaycar.co.nz/productView.asp?ID=MF1091&CATID=19&form=CAT&SUBCATID=449

I had dinner. Wedges, coslaw and onion soup with cheese :D

NZ's frequency is 50~60Hz and the one in the ebay link is universal voltage

Oh right. I was just going by what dad said. Just goes to show he doesn't know as much as he thinks he does. That's the last time I ask him about technical stuff like that; better to ask on here :thup:

Just ask him anyway so he feels useful and you will get way better christmas presents. :sage:

You will however have to apply more brainpower when you need to explain later why you didn't do what he suggested though :facepalm:

had the day off work, spent it in front of the sewing machine to make Assassins Creed Ezio costume and Sakura from Cardcaptors dress for Armageddon. Taught daughter to sew, and now she's making bows.

Sewing Leave eh, I might try that on the new boss, he might not know it's a fib :wink:

Is there a low tech Jungle juice available yet Plant Nerds?

I thought low tech suggested that you wouldn't be adding ferts? If you're not getting algae and the plants are healthy and not dying then I'd say you don't need it. But I'm not a fully qualified plant nerd yet so maybe someone else can answer :rotf:

I thought low tech suggested that you wouldn't be adding ferts? If you're not getting algae and the plants are healthy and not dying then I'd say you don't need it. But I'm not a fully qualified plant nerd yet so maybe someone else can answer :rotf:

'We' Low-techers do still fertilise, we just don't pore over our tanks with droppers counting bubbles and farts and pearls 8)

Mine get 1 dose of flourish comp every 2 or 3 weeks. I think it can probably do without it but hell why save for retirement when I can spend money on my tanks :sml2: You're probably right though :roll: