The What's Up? thread.

SamH

Trying to get onto my facebook and is unable too :cry: I hope its not hacked or something, for those of you thats on my facebook ignore any messages from me, cause they might not be from me. Can't say until I can get back on there and see what is going on :an!gry

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Traded fish with Josh this afternoon. Send him home with a pleco cave and a bunch of plants for critter-crazy as well.

I have threadfins! Stoked. 3 at the moment but I get the feeling that once the angels and apistos are out ofhte big tank there'll be a school of 6-8 at least.

I paid a visit to HFF earlier and fell in love with the upside down catfish they currently have. I nearly bought all 5 but thought I'd better check them out online before I bought them. Glad I did as at the moment they're about the size of an adult cory but they get to 20cm fully grown. 5 of them in a 75L tank would not be fair so I'll just have to find something else to take my fancy.

They look totally different :slfg:

Very very easy to tell apart.

__

So today. I woke up and had a coffee, showered, got ready etc etc.

Then I studied till about 11am and went to Massey.

The bookshop was closed so :an!gry so I went back into town and got new batteries for my financial calculator.

Then I went back to Massey and studied till 1pm. Did lots of calculations.

Then at 1.30pm I had my exam and I was done by about 4.30pm. I wrote 21 pages excluding all the calculations which is a lot considering its a financial planning paper. I nailed all the numerical questions but about 40% of the paper comprised of 2 long questions that were very similar but had totally different answers, so I really hope I didn't mix them up.

Then I got home and put new sheets on my bed and cooked a roast chicken with potatoes and butternut. Also took some pics of the tank and the plants while I was waiting for the chicken to cook.

Now, here I am! :D

Might go out later, but still undecided.

If my smaller fish ever die in the tank; I leave them to be eaten as well.

It's either that or they get shrimp!

I had a pretty good day today. I had the urge to get a new laptop so I went and bought a Toshiba that I liked. It has the second generation i5 in it, so it should last me a few years. My old one was bought when I first went to uni in 2006. I might sell it for $200-$300. I got a pretty good deal on the new laptop as well, but buying it means I wont be putting new wheels on my car :facepalm: :lol:

Just put some threadfins in the big tank. They're looking awesome.

Finished the paint on the lounge tank. Just need to find some black electrical tape to fix a piece that the paint wouldn't stick to. Might give it one more try but I doubt it's going to work out.

Should have the tank full by tonight with the black sand in it.

Nothing much has changed since the last full tank pics. I think 100 threadfins would be overkill and way overstocked once they reach adult sizes. At the moment there's only 3 in there as I swapped some cockatoos for the 3 Josh got from DavidR but I'm thinking a school of 8 or so will look just right. Ultimately it'll be just them, the pandas and the lemons I got via. ethan which were originally David's too. I found a dead one the other day due to teritorial breeding apistos so might have to replace him with 20 or so more.

In other news - the lounge tank is full and is being filtered as I type. It seems the black sand has raised the pH very slightly so I've got the co2 going on the tank to bring it down a bit. The sand itself has a lot of brown in it under lights but as I'm going to have the lights on during the evening so we can see the tank it looks black as a black thing for all intents. I really really like it. I also should have painted the back of the tank when I got it - world of difference.

I can't remember if I've mentioned this already but I managed to turn my cannister filter on without the hosing attached this weekend :facepalm: got sprayed in the face, was a good morning! :rotf:

Well done! :rotf: The amount of times I've done that at work with a dodgy hose fitting is embarrasing!

Today I had my first guppy babies :love: Cleaned the pool. Got a stunning Gold Ram for my big tank, aaand emptied out one of my smaller tanks so that I can move it into my room tomorrow (did I mention my bedroom is slowing becoming a fish room?). Also plan on doing something nicer with my 2ft tank which currently looks a little sad with nothing but silica sand in it :lol:

And as I was typing this I noticed my albino SS girl looking like she's about to drop :D Ran and grabbed the breeding net and popped her in so any babies will at least be safe from the filter and dads mouth :happy2:

Today I went to the dentist and had one of the 1st teeth removed as it wasn't falling out and was being overlapped by one of the adult teeth. I had an injection to numb the area around the tooth, and it was horrible because it was on the inside of the gum. Otherwise all good :thup: