The What's Up? thread.

SamH

I emailed GLA today and asked if they could make their regulators with voltage and frequency to suit NZ and sadly they can't. So it looks like I'll have to get the UpAqua one but that's OK, at least it's better than nothing lol. I was browsing Ebay and came across a different UpAqua Regulator - http://cgi.ebay.com/CO2-regulator-Aquarium-solenoid-magnetic-valve-110V-/260700855711?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb2fb5d9f

How does this look? Is it any better than the other UpAqua one?

That's the exact one I got. I think you'll find it's the same one but with a different set of pictures / box to the other. Although it does only say 110v on the auction it actually says 110v / 240v on the picture of the solenoid.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Woah those are awesome Deepsound! :hail: I wish I had those in my backyard (although the chooks would probably eat them :facepalm: )

Here's some pics of my blingy CAL Aqua stuff. Sorry about the terrible pic quality;

Nano Efflux:

26611004.jpg

26611005.jpg

Nano Influx:

26611010.jpg

Nano Drop Checker:

26611013.jpg

I was browsing the Hollywood Fish Farm website yestersay and saw that they have Tunze and Red Sea regulators. Does anyone know how good those are? I assume the Tunze ones would be of high quality because their other products seem really good and are quite expensive.

I also got a bottle of GLA Bubble Counter Fluid and 10ft of CO2 resistant tubing. All up including shipping $200 :D

After doing a bit of research I found out that the Tunze regulators are really good, and have a very accurate needle valve, although they do not have a solenoid, so I'd have to buy one seperately.

:wave:

I find a lot of ladybugs species in my backyard this year : red, pink, yellow, orange with different patterns. One of the best aphids eater : around 150 a day for each ladybug. Better than pesticids ! I decided to keep my garden sprayfree 4 years ago. A couple of weeks ago, orontium aquaticum and zantedeschias were full of aphids. Almost turned black ! I just add 2 ladybugs on them and...

:happy1:

(see on the 2nd picture)

Can we find ladybugs in NZ ?

img_5946.jpg

img_5954.jpg

img_6046.jpg

There were pleanty of ladybugs when we went camping at Lake Karapiro the one year, they seemed to get attached to a person too LOL, I had one sit on me almost the whole day even if I got up and walked around it was so cool, and when we got home and unpacked the tent to give it a brush before putting it away two have hidgehiked home as well.

I enquired about the Tunze regulator at Hollywoods. Mt. Roskill has one for $182. Might get it. What do you guys think?

Wow cool ladybug pics Deepsound :hail: !drool:

Can we find ladybugs in NZ ?

We have quite a few species here. My insect book says about 40 species. I'll name a few that I've seen...

Twospotted Ladybug (Adalia bipunctata) Introduced from Europe. Red with a spot on each elytra.

Flax Ladybug (Cassiculus venustus) Native. Black with two orange spots on each elytra and orange edges to the elytra.

Orangespotted Ladybug (Coccinella leonina) Native. Black elytra with 16 orange spots in total.

Elevenspotted Ladybug (Coccinella undecimpuctata). Introduced from England. This is the common one that people most often see.

Steelblue Ladybug (Halmus chalybeus) Introduced from Aussie. It's that little cute metallic blue one.

Large Spotted Ladybug (Harmonia conformis) Introduced from Aussie. Red with 20 large black spots, 18 of which are on the elytra.

Cardinal Ladybug (Rodolia cardinalis) Introduced from Aussie. Dark red with black mottly pattern on the elytra.

Looks like I'll be getting it then :P

The Tunze regulators, from what I've read from their website, are designed to be used with a pH controller, because they do not have a built-in solenoid. And I was thinking of getting a pH controller anyway. The Tunze ones are $300 I think, so it looks like I'll have to fork out a lot of money to get one. Although I don't mind paying extra for good-quality products :)

I had the most amazing day ever. We went to Opie to pick up my moss and then we went to do our weekly shopping and we went into this one place. I don't think I should mention where because I have not got permission from the owner. But anyways out of the corner of my eye I saw this fishtank so automatically I was drawn to it, asked if I could go and see it and was told yes sure. So in I walk, and I saw heaven !drool: five tanks in total, huge ones. One filled with zebras yes the white and black ones and I would say about 14 in there. then the other two tanks had atleast 50 chocolate zebras in it, there was such beautiful fish in all those tanks, Hubby had to drag me away. I wish I could share but obviously because of the expensive fish, I think I should keep it to myself, sorry guys :-?

Been at work all day and having to phone a lot of patients to ask about their smoking history in between answering the phone, dealing with patients, writing out scripts, typing up dictation, etc etc etc :roll:

Came home for lunch and spent time in the sun working on my jigsaw puzzle then relucatly headed back to work.

Came home after work, had tea, then walked into town to Clubs of Marlborough for Quiz Night. Our team, the Foxy Morons, were 4th tonight. Don't know yet how high over-all. Competitions run each school term. Winning team gets $500 to donate to the school of their choice.

Had just about no sleep lastnight (had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday) so been browsing around since 4am when I got tired of staring into darkness. Gotta wake the kids now and get them dressed for soccer, then its off to one soccermatch and then to the other one (two different locations and a husband at work) then home where I get my son ready for a birthday party, then my daughter and I are going to watch gnomeo and juliet and yogi bear, she got the dvd's last night :P

I bought the new Owl City CD yesterday, "All Things Bright and Beautiful", and I was quite disappointed with a lot of the songs on there. Some very weird ones. But there are a couple of cool ones though which I really like :D

I've ordered my Tunze CO2 Regulator from HFF Mt Roskill :bounce: $188.00 including shipping so I'm really happy. The regulator was on special, and they told me that the usual price was $236.50