Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The What's Up? thread.

Featured Replies

was glad to see the reading passing earlier this week.

despite cutting funding to IHC, selling nz owned assets, lowering tax for the rich, discriminating and financially punishing people with diseases, keeping cannabis illegal and all the other stupid stuff they do.... the passing the reading of the gay marriage bill made me relived to know that there might actually be some intellectual and reasonable people in our government.

  • Replies 5.5k
  • Views 532.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this is the flyer I've seen, they are factually incorrect and try to argue that if they change the definition of marriage to allow gay marriage, they might as well allow incest, bigamy and children to get married.

All the change is doing is removing some discrimination based on gender from law.

Disgustipated I whole-heartedly agree with your opinion :hail:

I wonder how Christians would like it if I went round putting signs up saying "Christianity is stupid and wrong". I'm sure they wouldn't take it too well. While I agree that people are entitled to their opinions, publicizing it by spreading pamphlets, over a purely private matter such as being gay, is wrong IMO. Gay marriage will not affect religious people. They can simply just choose not to go to gay marriages or not associate with gay people if they think that it's "wrong". But they have no right to tell people not to be gay. Just the same as people have no right to tell me that I have to like sport, or I can't like a certain type of music etc. I think it's great that the government is legalizing gay marriage, because not allowing it is discrimination.

and if i hated gingers, would it be ok for me to make hate propaganda and put it on peoples private property without their permission?

Try it and find out :dunno:

If you are willing to put your time, money and effort into it to have people throw it out, be my guest. But I think if you hated gingers so much and you went that far, you would be grumpy if someone took all of your hard work away I suspect.

there is someone i know that got them put on their cars, in their carports, on their own private property.

this is the same concept as circulus that get put in your letter box, I have a "no circulus" thing on my box, but my local MP still thinks its okay to put his stuff in my box.

Whats the diffrence if this church spent xx amount of money for a television ad campagin? In this case heaps of people pay to watch there ad, but again you are not forced to watch it

As a side note on the whole gay marrige thing, last night I watched the 2nd reading with my flatmate. Uncle Winnie had some seriously good points, one that stood out to me was that he thought that we should have a refarendum regarding this issue, so that the country got to decide not the 100 or so pompus twits in parliment. I 100% agree with him on that.

The sad thing about it is Joe is the government say you cant do this it is against the law, then someone is infact telling you that you can't do something no matter how much public opinion there is.

I dont care how much they cost, refarendums should be the way to go for all law changes. They work for us after all

this is the same concept as circulus that get put in your letter box, I have a "no circulus" thing on my box, but my local MP still thinks its okay to put his stuff in my box.

its not the same concept at all. putting material into your letterbox is fine, unless you have a 'no advertisements' or 'no unsolicited mail'. coming onto someone else's property, walking up the drive, and inviting yourself into their garage and putting material on someones private car is not ok at all.

If Christians follow the teachings of JC then what are they doing setting their values on the old testament which was the original Jewish teachings before JC came along and taught love not hate.

If Christians follow the teachings of JC then what are they doing setting their values on the old testament which was the original Jewish teachings before JC came along and taught love not hate.

actually jesus specifically said that everything in the old testament was still valid and to be adhered to by his followers. christians just made up a story that jesus nullified the old testament as an excuse to break most of the rules in it and stick only to the ones they want to.

OK, we do not want to get into a religious argument or I will remove the thread.

I spent the afternoon up at A&E after my dad was taken into hospital by ambulance. They still don't know what his problem is but for once it is not his heart or bleeding from somewhere! He has gone home on strong painkillers and hopefully will improve in the next few days. :dunno:

Hope he's alright Caryl.

Just spent 12 hours emptying out my discus tank and fully rescaping it, what a mission! The bath is still full of plants I'm not sure what to do with!

  • Author
OK, we do not want to get into a religious argument or I will remove the thread.

Not my precious thread! :o

  • Author

Don't tell me they somehow flipped it on it's side like that, surely the fire crew moved it yeah? :o

Jennifer shared a link for Limoncello Cupcakes. These are made using limoncello (doh :facepalm: ) which is a liqueur made from lemons and vodka. Not wanting to pay almost $50 for a 1L bottle, I made my own;

Looks a bit like a urine sample but...

Limoncello_zps98aac37b.jpg

I then made the cupcakes. Here they are cooling...

Limoncellocupcakescooling_zps365c8f44.jpg

Then you cut out the centres and fill them with lemon curd (I also made my own)...

Limoncellocupcakeshalffilled_zps53f77912.jpg

Then you ice with cream cheese and limoncello icing...

Limoncellocupcakesiced_zpsb65e8038.jpg

I used the cut out bits to decorate the top.

Here is what they look like cut in half...

Limoncellocupcakehalved_zps87d64dcd.jpg

Limoncello homemade is much nicer than store bought!

Cupcakes look amazing!

If you are in the mood for making your own liquors try apple pie moonshine, its super tasty

Not in the mood at all as neither of us drinks alcohol. Maybe someone else will give it a go. We used to have a friend ('used to' because he is now dead) who was keen on homemade wines. Dandelion was one I remembered.

Limoncello homemade is much nicer than store bought!

My attempt at homemade wasn't even remotely as good. I only let it sit for 2 months though. Better if you give it 4-6 months, apparently.

This is my favorite one.

lemon-z-limoncello.jpg

This stuff is good too, but I've never found it in NZ.

13537.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.