The What's Up? thread.

SamH

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trololol my post was edited evin when you censor swear words some one still edits the post :( it did involve a classic quote from rickey

Please rememeber that an implied swearword is still a swearword according to the forum rules, hence your post getting edited.

The idea is to not swear, not just to replace letters with exclamation marks.

it isn't that hard :fshi:

see, Disgustipated you make my life difficult with your choice of words up there

I think 'whore' is vulgar and should be chopped. It really isn't a nice word and if a woman wants to do that then she doesn't need to be disrespected for it.

If you were me what would you replace that word with so your post remained intact? Woman of the Night?

:digH:

Down with borderline words! :an!gry

I think 'whore' is vulgar and should be chopped. It really isn't a nice word and if a woman wants to do that then she doesn't need to be disrespected for it.

If you were me what would you replace that word with so your post remained intact? Woman of the Night?

What if its in direct reference like this one is?

in other news I have a new favourite ice cream...

Killinchy Gold hokey pokey - the vanilla ice cream is creamy and soft, the hokey pokey is made of schraps of actual crushed hokey pokey and the odd bit of stuff like you get in a tip top ice cream. And there are HEAPS of bits, every spoonful has treasure, you don't need to go mining for it

!drool:

see, Disgustipated you make my life difficult with your choice of words up there

:digH:

Down with borderline words! :an!gry

i do not consider the word a swear word, just a simple adjective, or describing word. this one in particular is used to describe prostitutes. the fact you find it vulgar is possibly a result of your own personal opinion of such "woman of the night", or, it could be a result of your experiences where it has been used to insult someone who is not actually a prostitute. somebody with a positive, nonchalant or indifferent opinion of prostitutes should therefore see the word as nothing more than an adjective. prostitutes are well known to refer to themselves as that word and comfortable doing so.

when offence is taken to something, i think responsibility lies with the offended person to deal with said offence, which is always possible, be it removing themselves from the situation or person they are offended by, or, on the other hand, changing their own mindset and thought patterns in order to prevent being offended.

in this case, though sophia, i do apologise if i caused any offence, i was quoting a character from trailer park boys. i did not think twice about posting it because in my mind i do not find that word derogatory or explicit in any way. it is entirely up to you if you feel you should remove that post, or just change the word to "randy"...

aaaaand in other news, i have set up a new tank thanks to a gorgeous young lady by the name of zombiefish ;) it is a hagen 180?? litre and has midnight black gravel in it.

after i think it has cycled enough, i will be putting a pair of blue gene jack dempseys in there, they have been spawning in my big tank but eggs have been getting eaten. i hear that if you breed two blue gene jds, you are likely to get 25% electric blue offspring. not gonna count my fish before they hatch but here's hoping....

headbang.gif

If you are having problems with the rules perhaps you should read them:

Fishroom Forum Rules:

Posting:

Think before you post, because of the threaded conversation-like nature of discussion boards, we reserve the right to refuse a user’s request for a mass deletion of their own posts. Thus if at some point in the future you choose to unsubscribe from our boards be aware that your posts will remain and users or their accounts will not be deleted.

Topics of this type will be removed and action taken against the poster(s):

- sensitive topics (political, religious, sexual reference or sexually oriented content etc)

- subjects/content not suitable for children to read

- profanity, swearing or implied swearing

- disrespectful, obscene, vulgar or abusive posts

- posts intended to create a reaction

- personal attacks and/or slander

- illegal, or promoting illegal behaviour

Private Messages:

The site rules and guidelines apply to all private messages.

If you cannot understand the meaning of these words perhaps you should ask the moderators.

Be clear--It is not for the people reading your posts to change their mindset so they no longer find your post offensive, it is for you to show some consideration for the people likely to read your posts before you post them (including children).

We are keen to not over moderate on this site and the way for that to happen is for the people posting to take responsibility for their posts and consider the feelings of people reading them. Your posts are definately not someone elses fault.