February 22, 201115 yr comment_423044 only too happy to help Jo we were concerned as well even on a forum you build friendships even though we never meet in person sometimes cheers mark Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_423047 Grant says if it is a 74W filament bulb it will be fine. There is no mercury in filament type bulbs. Be on the safe side and use rubber gloves, just in case he's wrong :-? If it was a discharge type bulb then it would have mercury in it but 75W are usually just high powered filaments. Oh yes, Grant's right if it's a filament bulb. Sorry Donna, I didn't read well your post. Is it a bulb like this one ? http://images.philips.com/is/image/PhilipsConsumer/924757140102_NA-GAL-global?wid=358&hei=268&$jpglarge$ Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_423048 even on a forum you build friendships even though we never meet in person sometimes cheers mark + 1000 Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_423050 Glad to hear Alan is OK. A huge relief. I feel useless up here not being able to assist anyone. Report
February 22, 201115 yr comment_423053 Hi all, unlike the September 'quake, we have suffered no damage at all. If anyone needs any fish rehomed, I have plenty of tank space. I have three tanks at about 6.4ph, and three at about 7.2ph. oh2seven4nine1triple 6 eight is my mobile number. Take care Canterbury. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423054 does anyone know if you can get deisel anywhere? i heard the northside petrol stations are fine but not operating? Shell Templeton is operating. But not BP Rolleston (emergency services only). Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423056 We have some small 2ft ish tanks and a couple of small filters here in Belfast if anyone needs them. Pick up only sorry as our car is trapped in the Farmers car park in town. I can also baby sit any tropicals if anyone needs a safe place for hem to stay Donna - I could probably keep a few turtle here for a while if you can get them out to me Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423057 Everyone else around the country probably feels the same, looking on but wishing they could just get down there and muck in and help. Agreed. I'm sitting here doing nothing at work. It's really quiet because we deal mainly with the Christchurch branches of the insurance companies. So obviously none of them will be emailing us, calling us or sending us new jobs. I went to Christchurch to help our office up there for a week after the 7.1 eq, so its possible I'll be sent up again at some stage. I don't know what state the office building is in but I know all our the Chch office employees are all fine. Does anyone know if the Rydges is ok? All I can offer is an airbed on the floor of the spare room at my house in Western Southland... well away from the shaking.. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423058 Feeling terrible for all of you in Christchurch affected by the quake. :tears: :tears: Also, if anyone needs some lodging for some turtles, and can get them to Wellington, I have an empty turtle tank sitting here... Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423064 Alan and Sheryl are fine. The damage in their area is extensive and some of the roads are impassable in many places. They have no power, water or phone and everything in the house is pretty much in piles on the floor now. They are in good spirits and have the fire going. They have drinking water on hand and many of the pets are now with me (they had several smashed tanks and some fish losses). Lots of cleaning up to do but they have places to stay if they decide they need a break from it all. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423070 Does anyone have a number for a contact for one of the welfare centers? I can organise getting 10 phonelines down there that don't use voda/telecom networks. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423071 Nice work Jen. I have just set up a 120L for Robyn's fish but there is plenty more room here if anyone needs it in the Riccarton area. Also heaters, filters, tanks to lend if anyone needs any. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423074 Has anyone heard from Nav yet? He will be flat out working won't he, helping everyone? Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423076 Has anyone heard from Nav yet? I've sent him a PM but no reply as yet, I'm guessing he's pretty busy at work at the moment. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423077 It seems the outskirts are mostly ok so his place should be alright, like sphinx says he's probably flat out at work. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423078 Has anyone heard from Nav yet? I havent but I imagine that he is flat out at the hospital. Alan sent me some fish and plants the day before the quake, It sounds like they may not be alive now if he hadn't Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423079 Yeah I am hoping he is ok and just flat out at work at the moment, if anyone hears anything or sees him let me know Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423088 Just had the news about an hour ago that a good friend of ours was on the 4ft floor of the CTV building and hasn't been heard from since the quake. They are saying on TV that rescue efforts there have ceased as there can not possibly be any survivors. All we can do is hope and pray. My heart goes out to anyone else in this situation. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423096 I have some cousins in Chch that I've not had contact with for years, I've tried to find them via facebook and oldfriends but had no luck. If anyone down there knows Jean Kelly or her daughter Charlene(charlie)Kelly could they please PM me, thanks. Report
February 23, 201115 yr comment_423106 Whew, evacuated all my tanks. Of our club, I'll go through the list and see who hasn't been heard from... So far: Dcase Mad Whip (but think I heard him on radio yesterday and he is basically ok) Tyrannosaurus (but haven't heard from her for ages, since before last one) So of anyone has any news from them, let us know updates: Notjustcichlids is ok, just lost water out of tanks again. Lynnie & family ok (they lost tanks last time, this time ok, no damage) Elusive fish & family ok and in Hanmer now Janelle ok and also has escaped city for now Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.