Ooohh... Earthquake

Zev

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, that one was for you!

Reference Number 3472164 [View event in Google Maps] [View Felt Reports in Google Maps]

Universal Time March 1 2011 at 9:07

NZ Daylight Time Tuesday, March 1 2011 at 10:07 pm

Latitude, Longitude 41.20°S, 174.57°E

Focal Depth 40 km

Richter magnitude 4.5

Region Wellington

Location * 20 km north-west of Wellington

:tears: :tears: mmm but the 4.6 we just had was a bit too close for comfort. The whole country is shaking!

It knocked over my cuppa. :-?

Just some more kudos from today. Thanks to Donna for the time in the garage tonight. That was great. :D

Thanks to Alan yet again - this time for the fishfood and heaters. Thanks to Navarre for helping to move the turtle tank, that will surely come in handy for its new inhabitants that are sure to arrive at any moment. Another lot of thanks to bdspider for going so far out of her way to drop off some hidey holes today, and the chat - I so needed that opportunity to down tools for a while!

Also thanks to Nicky from Animates head office who offered to supply any equipment or supplies that are needed to care for the incoming reptiles and fish. :hail:

At least two time capsules have been discovered underneath earthquake damaged Christchurch with the mayor so thrilled by the discovery it was "like he'd won the lottery". (...) Irishman John Robert Godley is known as the "Founder of Canterbury" even though he lived there for only two-and-a-half years.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/4717754/Christchurch-earthquake-capsules-like-winning-the-lottery

:o

According to you, is there a possible link between the earthquake and the 107 whales found beached at Mason Bay ?

In february 2010, 28 pilot whales have been found dead after a stranding at a remote Stewart Island beach. Chilean earthquake occurred off the coast on February 27, 2010 (magnitude of 8.8 ).

The previous stranding happening in 2003, when almost 160 died. Someone remember when it was exactly ? (*) Because a particularly destructive earthquake happened in Iran in december 2003.

I'm just thinking aloud.

[Edit] (*) found --> 16 November 2003: 12 sperm whales die after stranding on Auckland's west coast

Dunno...

Another one I found.

Over 200 cetaceans come ashore on the beaches of Australia and New Zealand in december 2004.

An undersea megathrust earthquake occurred on Sunday, December 26, 2004, with an epicentre off the west coast of Sumatra, Indonesia.

Hein28.gif

Dunno...

Another one I found.

Over 200 cetaceans come ashore on the beaches of Australia and New Zealand in december 2004.

An undersea megathrust earthquake occurred on Sunday, December 26, 2004, with an epicentre off the west coast of Sumatra, Indonesia.

Hein28.gif

Clearly whales are causing the earthquakes.

You guys should read a book called 'The Swarm' by Frank Schätzing :wink: - I have it somewhere if anyone wants to borrow it, but I warn you, the first half is good, the second half is drivel...

You have to admire the Japanese. If Japan is subjected to a lot of earthquakes and they are obviously caused by the whales then they don't just muck about and sit on their hands complaining. They go out to exterminate them.

So may be we should inform Paul Watson about that probability.

Dr Ira, would you do that please ?

ps : you're right Living Art.

Ken Ring would say it's all related - moon pulling on things because it is closer to the earth at perigee + water + magnetic fields or something... he had something on his site about dolphins or whales at one point. I don't think animals are immune to the effects of the moon anymore than humans and plants are.