so whats the story behind your username?

spoon

just wondering many of us in here have usernames that dont relate to our real names or businesses

ive heard a couple of good stories from TT members about how they got their usernames just wondering if theres more funny?interesting stories out there

ill start with mine

it was in 4thform maths a friend commemted on soimething silly i had done and said "tim you're not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer are u?" "In fact your not even a knife you're a spoon, im gunna call you that from now on and tell every1 its your nickname"

well ten years later and in different parts of the country more people call me spoon than tim

a lot of people dont even know my real name

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o do you like rusty spoons? :o

(if you don't know what im talking about youtube salad fingers)

I used to play counter strike, and I choose the nick ρĦǿΣŋІΧ®

course there was someone else called phoenix, and i had to battle him for the name. i lost miserably in an awp match, and then practised everyday for months (when CS was cool) and then defeated him (rose from the ashes apparently) and claimed the name ρĦǿΣŋІΧ® :o its all mine now. :lol:

When I was much younger me and my brother were having a friendly game of not letting the other one type there user name into a console, The name that came up for me was OEminX. So for years that has been what I have used on my consoles and here.

PS I like the feel of rusty spoons.

SamH. Well long story short, it's my first name + the first letter of my last name.

Sam + H

8)

+1

Jennifer + H (unrelated to Sam though....)

Actually, if I had realised when I signed up that this would be my permanent screen name I probably wouldn't have chosen it... :-?

You can get it changed I think, is it worth the hassle though?

It was a big deal to get my email changed, not sure I am up to what it would take for a name change... :-?

It'd bother me if it was samh instead of SamH :roll:

Totally. That is the problem, can't say I like it when people call me 'Jenniferh' as if it is a strange spelling of my name... :evil:

Takes about 20 secs for me to change them on fishkeepers.co.nz

:hail: Must go check it out! :D

mine is because of my surname being smith & the new new zealand accent which is a mumble make me "smid e" & smithy was taken on personalised plates so smidey it is. not to be confused with "smide e". most people don't know my real name & thats how it suited me as a teenager. :D

Im not very clever and was afraid I may forget my name so instead of wearing a label all the time, I used the name on the box beside where I type so that after I have pushed submit it would remind me of who I am.

Now all I have to do is add my address and phone number so I can be taken home

OK, I dont like hiding behind non de plumes so want people to be able to abuse me to my face rather than behind a cloak

Years ago I used to regular the yahoo chatrooms.

I got into a rather heated discussion with some fool on there who told me I was talking ...well you know the word.

I decided to change my name for a laugh, just to annoy the jerk and thought I'd try chat instead of talk, but wasn't allowed so I added the extra 'a' to chaat and finished with the more accepable chit.

I logged back in as chaatchit, and had a hilarious night and it stuck.

I use chaat now because I'm just to lazy to type the rest.

But ... yeah, my name basically means I talk ...

As a 2yr I use to sing this little tune with the words "Laa Laa Boom Boom" repeatively!

My name Danielle, I was quickly called dani-lala by family, later down the track friends would try imitate it by calling me danilada.

Don't know why but it stuck and I used it for usernames as every-one new me by it and I couldn't think of any-thing else.

Dumb Story!