Enclosure Pics only!! Post your enclosure!!

Tabz

• 1 month later...
Hi All,

Im trying to find a new enclosure for a beardy wanting something bigger

Im wanting 200L X 50W x 60H cm

Where can i buy one? Or is build the only option

building is the way to go, and can be done at a pretty good price too if you shop around for your materials. mine cost next to nothing to build and turned out pretty nice. :thup:

• 4 months later...

here's some pictures of my set ups. first lot is the new whistling tree frog tank - no frogs yet but hopefully getting some in the next week or two and a few mountain minnows for the water area. have a heap of java/christmas moss over the land area and waiting for that to come away...big thanks to sophia for the moss! second lot is the leopard gecko enclosure and the hides i made. third lot is the diy water dragon enclosure:D

Whistling tree frog vivarium

f1_zpsa8486625.jpg

f2_zps4c1a6ac7.jpg

f3_zpsd77f4381.jpg

f4_zpse3341e8d.jpg

f5_zps7f785c09.jpg

Leopard gecko enclosure

l1_zpsdd763f85.jpg

l2_zps268a2a1b.jpg

l3_zps53800017.jpg

l4_zpsb17d467a.jpg

Water dragon enclosure

w1_zps84f3a48c.jpg

w2_zps0553d38a.jpg

w3_zps846f2c31.jpg

frog tank looks really good. You will need to add a lot more branches though if you are wanting Whistling Tree Frogs as they are climbers. Mine only come to the ground if i'm feeding terrestrial bugs such as small meal worms etc and spend the rest of the time perched in various crevices and nooks between branches and driftwood and stuff.. You will also need to reduce the amount of water as whistlers aren't that keen on swimming. All I have for mine is a 10cm round x 3cm dish for them to bathe in when they feel like it (which isn't often as I spray them every other day to keep them moist).

here's some pictures of my set ups. first lot is the new whistling tree frog tank - no frogs yet but hopefully getting some in the next week or two and a few mountain minnows for the water area. have a heap of java/christmas moss over the land area and waiting for that to come away...big thanks to sophia for the moss! second lot is the leopard gecko enclosure and the hides i made. third lot is the diy water dragon enclosure:D

Whistling tree frog vivarium

f1_zpsa8486625.jpg

f2_zps4c1a6ac7.jpg

f3_zpsd77f4381.jpg

f4_zpse3341e8d.jpg

f5_zps7f785c09.jpg

Leopard gecko enclosure

l1_zpsdd763f85.jpg

l2_zps268a2a1b.jpg

l3_zps53800017.jpg

l4_zpsb17d467a.jpg

Water dragon enclosure

w1_zps84f3a48c.jpg

w2_zps0553d38a.jpg

w3_zps846f2c31.jpg

The enclosures look sick! the water dragon cage would be so much better with some plants though :wink:

frog tank looks really good. You will need to add a lot more branches though if you are wanting Whistling Tree Frogs as they are climbers. Mine only come to the ground if i'm feeding terrestrial bugs such as small meal worms etc and spend the rest of the time perched in various crevices and nooks between branches and driftwood and stuff.. You will also need to reduce the amount of water as whistlers aren't that keen on swimming. All I have for mine is a 10cm round x 3cm dish for them to bathe in when they feel like it (which isn't often as I spray them every other day to keep them moist).

alright sounds good, thanks for your imput:)

The enclosures look sick! the water dragon cage would be so much better with some plants though :wink:

thnaks and yep been looking for plants for a while now but yeah any types you reccomned? i was thinking maybe a type of creeper? or a type of fern?? they will have to be potted though because the bottom isnt sealed to hold moisture.

With heaps of branches they hide too much ime. I like the simplicity of the above viv..

that will explain why I dont see mine a hell of a lot.. :roll:

probably - also more active at night? I get what your are going for as they do seem to like branches.

key is food and they like a mist from time to time eh. little ones opening their mouth to the spray is classic every time :lol:

probably - also more active at night? I get what your are going for as they do seem to like branches.

key is food and they like a mist from time to time eh. little ones opening their mouth to the spray is classic every time :lol:

Yep am aware they are nocturnal lol. they get a mist around 3 times a week, but they only seem to do the mouth opening thing if they have been resting somewhere particularly dry, such as on top of the exo terra background. Do crickets bring them out more?