Enclosure Pics only!! Post your enclosure!!

Tabz

set out to make my whistler enclosure "nice and simple" so they couldnt hide from me... didnt end up so simple... :facepalm: attachment.php?attachmentid=287872&d=1379908093

any tips on how to get the xmas moss nice and green would be appreciated, cant remember what it was i done with the last one, too long ago..

if you have just set it up, the moss will take a while to "kick in" it will be a very dark green for a few weeks then it starts to send bright green shoots up and pretty soon you will have a nice green carpet, just remember to keep it moist :)

Here an enclosure i built earlier this year before i sold 90% of my reptiles..

IMG_5840.jpg

Was going to be 4 levels, but i got carried away and did 6 :lol:

Its hardly been used :roll: , should have paid the bills after all lol.

Old turtle setup, coverted for water dragon, which outgrew it way to fast :roll: Planned on upgrading again to double the height, but sold the water dragon instead. Now a couple of random frogs and stray plants until further a do..

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

Thats about as good as it gets around here. Hope to make a display tank some day.

with the one with 6 cages on top of each other how big was each cage if you rember

I tried to get a 4 footer made by him the other day with sliding doors etc but hes going away so i have to try sort out another tank out now, grrrr! Needing one asap but yeah im gonna have to try find someone else to build me one. Is there any chance anyone on here has one for sale? Looking for preferably at least 1200mm long and made fully out of glass with sliding doors, Pm me if yah do:)

can we have some pics? looking at doing that myself

im guessing you meant the false bottom. i just used some fine chicken wire propped up by some flat stones, nothing fancy. not sure how il get the water out when it starts filling up... probably just tip the tank and syphon it out.. hope this is helpfull

attachment.php?attachmentid=288067&d=1380500725

attachment.php?attachmentid=288068&d=1380500983

Hey Jason, do you have any idea how much water you put into the tank daily? just wondering as i have some baby ferns out the back but iv never managed to get them to live in a tank before.. atm im misting the tank manually and using roughly a liter... seems a bit too much...

Hi not to shore how much water it's all on timers. I use a mistking system. It come on for 1 min every 6 hours. At a guess would probably use about a liter a day

• 3 weeks later...

75mm refrigerated panel former 2m by 2m by 1.2m deep water 1m deep.15mm toughend glass front window.

3cd24b2e-e871-4534-bc1d-069fc04071ac.jpg

1mioffpom388e12.jpg

beefing up the former support with posts concreted in then 6 by 2 top plate then sleepers(not in pic)

photo3.jpg

liner installed,window installed

1mioffpom388e52.jpg

slab.

1mioffpom388e5.jpg

starting rock and root work.

1mioffpom388e22.jpg

filters 44 gal drum for mechanical running 8000 litres. over flow filter bath with 2 bins and uv.

76cc4cf8-199a-4e7c-9aba-4cc8f6eb2d86.jpg

not tropical yet.need wetsuit mask for setup,or a can of harden up!

a883ab5c-84e5-4de0-aa8b-9923e6099c6f.jpg

hinged heat trans in night time mode for front window insulation.

110bd182-bc73-4f1f-89bb-2930156c1b6e.jpg

heat trans in daytime mode.cooling thermostat switches on at 22 deg 2 dial switching so off for 3 mins then on for 1 min to maximise heat buildup.

a1f53955-77b6-4929-b4cf-d26a862638ad.jpg

up and running,turts and some fish in.

f5a47b42-71f1-46e2-bbd7-9dafe05d1b03.jpg

4040ab51-1a21-4982-802e-4aef9833aa06.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy - just river stones as main base then finer gravel and sand on top.

I dunno if it is xmas or java moss but one of them ... must keep wet or dries out and dies fast.

otherplant will come to me ... was one of those $2.50 plants from warehouse. and looks like a little bamboo plant to the right.

lighter moss on driftwood (up top centre left) was on it when I found it .. didn't survive though.