Movies and tv shows - let's discuss

Jaide

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please explain why we have to pay Sky TV to watch a tax payer funded channel ? why is TV NZ Heartland not broadcasted on Freeview ? why do I have to pay a private company to be able to watch a public funded channel ?

I thought that Heartland and Kidzone didn't use public funds. Most of TVNZ's revenue comes from sources other than the government.

I haven't seen the US version yet, I was told to watch the Danish version first because it's better so here's hoping.

I preferred the US version of Kingdom Hospital to the Danish version though so we'll see :f77:

Just reading the plot, the US version is just a copy of the same thing. Guess there is no point me watching the Dutch one then.

The plot of Kingdom Hospital was essentially the same for both countries too, but they have a very different way of portraying it so worth watching both I think.

With Kingdom Hospital I watched the US version first, and then the Danish. The US was weird but in a way I understood, and better portrayed I thought - whereas the Danish version (when I watched that next) was just too weird for words and rather boring. I think the US version helped by having side stories to make it more interesting.

And yet many preferred the Danish version to the US :dno:

The plot of Kingdom Hospital was essentially the same for both countries too, but they have a very different way of portraying it so worth watching both I think.

With Kingdom Hospital I watched the US version first, and then the Danish. The US was weird but in a way I understood, and better portrayed I thought - whereas the Danish version (when I watched that next) was just too weird for words and rather boring. I think the US version helped by having side stories to make it more interesting.

And yet many preferred the Danish version to the US :dno:

Maybe, but what hooked me on the killing was not knowing who did it. Watching it again won't be the same. But I might do it anyway :)

Watched Odd Thomas last night, not a bad representation of the book which surprised me. I quite enjoyed it.

theres a movie??? awesome!!!!

btw for anyone who wants to know im 30

I like to be challenged by proper twists, not the american idea of just chucking some random person in at the end and saying "wow, never saw that coming"

btw just saw a movie called "Side Effects" (new release) thats a good one.

also LOVED Silverlinings Playbook

Someone recommended that to me but it's no good? Hmmm, ok - I always check out trailers on youtube first before I watch anything anyway.

Mrs Brown's Boys is Irish not British. Very different places. I hated Mrs Brown's Boys to start with but it is growing on me. I don't think it really suits a kiwi audience as there are so many Irish 'in jokes' that people who've not lived in Ireland wouldn't get.

I think it is more a case of Mrs Brown's Boys being full of very old jokes. Us older ones have heard most of them before but it is the timing and delivery that makes them funny. I also love the non professional look of it all - as people break character, ad lib, try to make the others laugh, upset the cameramen and generally have fun. Nothing slick about it at all so it is refreshing in that respect.

ok gotta ask, opinions on "The Almighty Johnsons"

imo a bunch of rich self absorbed idiots getting given money to show how bad they can act and how bad they can write.

(this is a family friendly forum)

wouldn't care if it wasn't for the additional taxpayer funding.

imo a bunch of rich self absorbed idiots getting given money to show how bad they can act and how bad they can write.

What, Is that on again? Would love to see another season. Great show. Very amusing.

Is that the one with the brothers being Gods? I watched two episodes and canned it, didn't grab me at all - I think when it went on about the youngest brother needing to shag some girl for some stupid reason, it just put me off. Ridiculous story.

Gee, I sound like negative nellie in this thread "don't like this, don't like that" :rotf:

Watched episode 4 of the Danish version of The Killing - does the US version drag as much as this does? :yaw2:

5 more discs to go - aagh! :nilly:

I found the first two seasons of the US 'The Killing' dragged but the 3rd season is really exciting.

And did anyone watch the first episode of the 8th season of Dexter yet? I watched it tonight and it looks like it is going to be a great season, hopefully better than the last two.

I found the first two seasons of the US 'The Killing' dragged but the 3rd season is really exciting.

And did anyone watch the first episode of the 8th season of Dexter yet? I watched it tonight and it looks like it is going to be a great season, hopefully better than the last two.

About to watch it now!

Just finished watching the first ep of the new Top Gear season. What a great episode. The challenge was filmed in NZ.