Movies and tv shows - let's discuss

Jaide

I've been watching The Tomorrow People as it airs in the States. I think it's pretty cool.

I was looking at tomorrow people but started watching almost human because of the kiwi connection

What does everyone use to watch these shows glow gaze or the butler?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I rarely go to the cinema but last week went to see Philomena (because I had 2 free tickets :bggrn: )

An excellent film I would recommend. Of course nothing like the types of programmes being discussed recently but anything with Dame Judi Dench in it has to be good.

Oh I just saw that last weekend. Brilliant. Made me all angry about Irish Catholics though. Have you seen the Magdelene Sisters? I think the last of those laundries only close in the late 90s! Can you believe it!

Im currently really enjoying Girls (very immature), QI (much more intelligent!) and watching Adventure Time with my kidsFree_Finn_Icon_by_Picklecheesepie.gif

Started watching Cloud Atlas - 3 days later I'm still watching it.

That was a good one, and a nice length too. Though I had a hard time understanding some of the dialogue due to accents, I could still figure most of it out.

That was a good one, and a nice length too. Though I had a hard time understanding some of the dialogue due to accents, I could still figure most of it out.

You really need to sit down and watch it from start to finish in one sitting as I missed the tie-ins from some of the time lines and couldn't remember what had happened previously. Might read the book to get the gist back and then watch the movie again.

Yes, I didn't understand what they were talking about in one future setting.

Just did a quick read of the synopsis and apparently the black slave was Moirori (who later saved Ewing from the Doctor) and he was being whipped by Maori - interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

F A R G O

saw some ads on sky and downloaded it, watched the first 4 episodes so far and did download the movie from 1996 as well which I was not aware of. man did I enjoy that movie and the first four episodes. :thup:

I was looking at tomorrow people but started watching almost human because of the kiwi connection

What does everyone use to watch these shows glow gaze or the butler?

I gave up on tomorrow people pretty quick! It really bugged me that they kept referring to them as a different species when they are still human!! it irked me so much!

I tired of arrow too... hmm .. the lead characters who are related - just too much angsting. They should all go back to the island and stay there.

I was only watching Almost Human because Karl Urban was the lead. It's been cancelled. Couldn't get into the Tomorrow people either, it's a bit too young adult for me - same with Arrow. Maybe I'm just getting old...

Just finished binge-watching season one of Orange is the New Black - fantastic show.

I'm enjoying Fargo. It has the same feel as the movie, slow, offbeat humor and quaint "You betcha" mannerisms interspersed with moments of violence and cold ruthlessness.

The Americans is the other show I've binge-watched recently. Very good, too. Deep cover Russian agents living in the US - their kids don't know the parents are KGB agents. Good drama :D

Yeah, Tomorrow People is relatively teen angsty, but it's watchable.

So...What scifi is left that hasn't been cancelled? Defiance, Falling Skies, Shield, Intelligence...I think that's it. OOH, Helix has been renewed, so that's a grand total of 5 scifi series on TV? Am I missing any?

Watching last season of Fringe, also GoT season 3 (was told that season 4 veers away from the books and having just read some spoilers, yep it does). Movies: Captain Philips was very good. Also saw 12 Years a Slave - meh. If you want to watch a slave movie I recommend Django Unchained over that codswallop.

Sunshine is not very good - starts off strong but the ending is rubbish. The disc I had kept sticking at the end so I never really got to find out how if ended but didn't care as it was going in a pitiful direction - shame as it had so much promise and had a kiwi in there too.

Cloud Atlas - great movie

Tour of Duty season 1 - some things should just be left in the past.

• 1 month later...

over the last week I was watching Those Who Kill Season 1, 10 episodes. very well done series, very violent (based on a danish series) but thrilling. unfortunately no Season 2. and I was watching Bates Motel Season 1 and 2. Norman Bates, that is one creepy guy. Norma Bates, very nice clear blue eyes. a pleasure to watch, good story line, apparently there will be a 3rd season. and now it's time to ugrade my telecom broadband plan... :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Love Fringe as well, proper Sci-fi. Looking forward to Extant, but have my doubts.

As for the Tomorrow People, I'm almost embarrassed to say I remember watching the original English version of this series when I was a kid. The special effects would obviously look a bit cheesy now (think early-series Dr Who) but I do remember it as having a lot more character, appeal and wit than this American version, which is all just a bit too pretty-pretty and sanitised for me.