Movies and tv shows - let's discuss

Jaide

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all but the exact same script. I watched all of the UK and then watched 4 episodes of the USA and thought that it was almost word for word. It just works better with the british housing projects, british pubs, british attitude, british banter over the American style.

Society has changed, our TV's are dominated by American TV now as opposed to British. I think you will find a majority of people under 30 will prefer American over British, but ones over 30 will probably go the other way. ( Yes this is a massive generlisation, but I am sticking by it)

I don't think I've heard anyone say that before! Usually it's the other way (ie. like English, rather than American)!

*Joins the club*

I also can't stand brit humour.

Possibly because I don't particularly like their accents. Also, to me it's just about them doing or saying stupid things and then having an audience laugh. To me, while it is full of canned laughter, I find American humour to be a bit more realisitic.

I'm also over 30.

*Joins the club*

I also can't stand brit humour.

Possibly because I don't particularly like their accents. Also, to me it's just about them doing or saying stupid things and then having an audience laugh. To me, while it is full of canned laughter, I find American humour to be a bit more realisitic.

I'm also over 30.

Wait, which one is the one that is all about them doing or saying stupid things?

I think there's good and bad Brit comedy. Mrs Brown's Boys seems like infantile "old" Brit humour, and isn't my cup of tea. Then there's the stuff I like - Black Books, The Office, Extras, QI. A lot of Monty Python is still funny cos it wasn't too political or topical - just absurdist mentalness.

Wasn't the Office (Brit version) the first recent comedy that had no laugh track or studio audience? Can anyone think of something earlier?

Most of the comedy shows I like have no laugh track or studio audience - Arrested Development, Extras, The Office, Episodes, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Community.

I still like the Big Bang Theory though :smln:

I think there's good and bad Brit comedy. Mrs Brown's Boys seems like infantile "old" Brit humour, and isn't my cup of tea.

Someone recommended that to me but it's no good? Hmmm, ok - I always check out trailers on youtube first before I watch anything anyway.

never liked Mrs Browns boys, but love stuff like black books and League of gentlemen.

I'm likeing Miranda and Citizen Khan atm

anyone else noticed that X-factor talks about "different types of act" and then ends up with some singing pop crap or hiphop dance poo every time, makes it just like all the other horrible shows.

I don't watch it, but You can't help but notice when even the papers have whole page sections on the discussion of X-factor

it seems many here have the Sky TV pay channel SoHo to watch all these shows. does SoHo broadcast uninterrupted or do they spoil the viewers with commercial breaks (annoying even if the breaks are only for future shows on the same channel)

can someone please explain why we have to pay Sky TV to watch a tax payer funded channel ? why is TV NZ Heartland not broadcasted on Freeview ? why do I have to pay a private company to be able to watch a public funded channel ?