Who else uses this site during work time?

supasi

• 2 weeks later...
I run the network here, so it's all unlogged surfing for me :-)

Blardy IT people that can get away with anything online....whereas the rest of us plebs have restrictions in place so we can't access email accounts, Trade Me, download stuff etc. etc. :P

....just as well the restrictions don't seem to work for me, hehe ;) Though I don't think this site is barred anyway :wink:

Blardy IT people that can get away with anything online....whereas the rest of us plebs have restrictions in place so we can't access email accounts, Trade Me, download stuff etc. etc. :P

....just as well the restrictions don't seem to work for me, hehe ;) Though I don't think this site is barred anyway :wink:

We have restrictions in place too. Trade Me used to be blocked to a point where you could click a button to access it but the usage would be monitored and recorded. But recently its become unblocked. I think its because it can be a useful tool for our company. I know i've used it a couple of times for work related things.

Thing that bugs me though is like the managers and people who are regarded as senior get unlimted access to anything they want, the rest of us are restricted.. I just don't get why that is.

All of the forums I frequent are blocked, apart from this one. No idea why because I'm sure that I'd NEVER find a work related use for this site!

Not at my work. We're very pragmatic, and access aside, everything gets logged by Web Marshal in a SQL database, even the whitelisted IS dept - except me of course ;-) - and everyone has signed an interweb policy. So people tend to read webmail, go to news sites, and the rest of it is work related. We have three PCs in the cafe that are whitelisted and unlogged, no file access though.