Everything posted by Chris.L
-
Setting up an NZ Freshwater tank
Hi all, I'm going to be setting up an NZ Freshwater tank in the very near future and have some questions. Where is a good place to find freshwater fish/crays/shrimp in Auckland? Would it be possible to have an eel, and if so, what do these eat? I wouldn't want a large one. Would it be possible to have the freshwater crays etc in with fish or would they be likely to eat them? I don't really mind about this aslong as the fish are free (). What kind of current would I need, if any? Anything to stay well clear of (illegal etc)? Any help would be mucho appreciated! Thanks, Chris.
-
Not new here ... but back :D
Hi all (especially Caryl, Alan, Pegasus, Cess, Goldie, TC, Andrew, Dennis, sorry if I missed out any of you older-forum members , After a very long no posting period I'm now back. What a hectic 2004! After selling up and only keeping my display tank, I'm now looking at setting up two NZ tanks - a saltwater NZ tank and a freshwater. Any help on these 2 would be VERY much appreciated. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know Chris.
-
platy fry
I've never heard of a platy giving that much fry ?
-
how do i send an amazon sword plant?
Totally lame I sell a lot through TradeMe and if that happened to me I would be complaining to TradeMe.
-
Kapi-Mana Club Plant Alert
I think he wants some of the pearls
-
Fiji
I don't think I could be there at 6am !
-
Fiji
Hehe, is that at Auckland airport?? I might see you take off if it is I have to be there at 9.00am to pick something up that is getting sent from Christchurch
-
Fiji
When does everyone fly out ? Have fun! Wish I was coming ! Chris-
-
Fiji
I'll be at the airport later on today!
- Back...
-
Is this Neon Tetra Disease ?
Oh o, Alans getting e-bashed ! In other news - that was a VERY bad reply breakaway. If you don't care about your fish - why did you get them? It's really disappointing seeing someone ask for advice, the whole community (almost) tells them to get rid of the fish, you leave it there, another one eats it and it could spread. With an attitude like that, no one will give you advice because what's the point if it goes in one ear and out the other? Chris-
- Fisb TB
-
Food grade barrels for holding water
Do you have the dimensions of the 1000 litre? Thanks
-
Food grade barrels for holding water
How much are the 1000L tanks??
-
My Tank Photos
It might be because you don't have enough, but it look like you have added a few fish over the last week or so, so I wouldn't add anymore.. The pics/tank is looking good
-
Were is the best marine shop?
Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware that there was an aquarium place there. I will check it out when I next head up that way. Cheers!
-
Turtle pics :D
-v- ~ | | ----- | * / \ hehe
-
New Tank: Needs Help on Equiptment Brands Etc.
A 50W heater, working on a tank that requires 100W would work more than a 150W heater in a tank that needed only 100W..
-
Turtle pics :D
They're about the size of a 50 cent coin! Very small
-
Turtle pics :D
Heard a few bad stories about RET, so I decided to get the more peaceful snake-necks
-
Turtle pics :D
Not quite fish related, but they're freshwater and they don't have a special forum for them (). Here's the 3 Snake-Necks (Phew, I didn't spell it snack-necks that time!) that I received on Friday.
- calcium hydroxide
-
How much does it cost?
I'm doing one of these when my tank becomes ready. Was going to do one in a 1500mm long tank, but though otherwise
- Some more Questions
-
nap time ....clown loach
Lovely pics When I read the title, I thought one had passed away I wish my camera had an option to disable the flash Chris-