Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Chris.L

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris.L

  1. A pair of discus need about 30 gallons .. babies would need the 4ft though
  2. 4ft for a pair of discus ?
  3. Chris.L replied to Cliff's topic in Welcome
    Welcome Cliff Sounds like you have a great variety of fish
  4. Ive got: 5 x britlenose (1 x 12 cm, 1 x 6 cm, 3 x 2-3cm) 3 x bronze cories (2 x female , 1 x male) Things I am going to get: Matto Grosso Ancistrus (breeding pair) Golden Black Eye Ancistrus
  5. Of course you need to
  6. Have you looked up to see how big these fish get?
  7. wow, you mean you have never done a water change since mid-january?
  8. Just so you know, I was only being sarcastic and I think Alan was as well... Chris-
  9. Or some baked beans
  10. Chris.L replied to Cichlids_Rule's topic in Welcome
    Welcome! You have some nice tanks and fish there Quite a selection Chris-
  11. Chris.L replied to Fishy_J's topic in Welcome
    Welcome John, hope to see you in chat. We are in there most nights @ around 9pm. Goodluck with convincing your wife Chris-
  12. Chris.L replied to CatBrat's topic in Welcome
    Welcome CatBrat What catfish do you breed? I am looking at getting into Bristlenose Thats a pretty large tank, could house a lot of catfish in there Hope to see you in chat sometime, we are in there around 9pm each night. Chris-
  13. Chris.L replied to hevalump's topic in Cichlids
    Well, you could put your eel in it, I hope you don't have little fish in where it's going, they eat neons Good live food for them. Setup a eel only tank
  14. Chris.L replied to hevalump's topic in Freshwater
    You will need his latin name, then we can help more
  15. Chris.L replied to hevalump's topic in Cichlids
    lol, 15 gallons. Well, I'd say about 40 litres per fish is quite good, you can go over this if you do water changes every day.
  16. Chris.L replied to hevalump's topic in Freshwater
    or this: is that anything like it?
  17. Chris.L replied to hevalump's topic in Cichlids
    15g a discus is a pretty good rule. Do regular water changes on them, have it well planted (so they have somewhere to hide). I wouldn't recommend getting small ones as they tend to need perfect water (not that discus don't, they are just harder than others to look after). I would get some medium ones, say 3-4 inch in diameter. A pH of 6.5 is good. Make sure the tank is well cycled, I would hate to add them in too early and wake up and find them floating. If you buy them in a group, they tend to have less fighting than if they are in groups of 3 or less, and you may find you get some pairs (and get the tank bug ). If there's anything else just ask Chris-
  18. Chris.L replied to alisha's topic in Welcome
    Pics received. Ahh now I see about the coil ! I will try this and see how it goes when we move. Will see how much it reduces the temp before I add any livestock though. Here's the pics:
  19. Chris.L replied to alisha's topic in Welcome
    Alisha - if you want you could send them to my email [email protected] I can host them for you as well to show everyone else
  20. Chris.L replied to alisha's topic in Welcome
    Yeah, but this new house will have a cold spot somewhere.
  21. Chris.L replied to alisha's topic in Welcome
    Ah good idea! Now, where do I get these coils from :?
  22. Chris.L replied to alisha's topic in Welcome
    Do you fill the pipe up every day with ice? So its sorta like this: ------[____]----- ^in ^chiller ^out With drilled holes in the sides? Thats quite a neat idea, and I have a big chilly bin here which I haven't used for ages.
  23. Caryl - if you need somewhere to host it, I have an orcon account and could host it there. Chris-
  24. Chris.L replied to andyman98's topic in Catfish
    Andrew, how easy are they?
  25. Wow Warren, do you breed Discus?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.