Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris.L

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris.L

  1. Hi all, I'm going to be setting up an NZ Freshwater tank in the very near future and have some questions. Where is a good place to find freshwater fish/crays/shrimp in Auckland? Would it be possible to have an eel, and if so, what do these eat? I wouldn't want a large one. Would it be possible to have the freshwater crays etc in with fish or would they be likely to eat them? I don't really mind about this aslong as the fish are free (). What kind of current would I need, if any? Anything to stay well clear of (illegal etc)? Any help would be mucho appreciated! Thanks, Chris.
  2. Hi all (especially Caryl, Alan, Pegasus, Cess, Goldie, TC, Andrew, Dennis, sorry if I missed out any of you older-forum members , After a very long no posting period I'm now back. What a hectic 2004! After selling up and only keeping my display tank, I'm now looking at setting up two NZ tanks - a saltwater NZ tank and a freshwater. Any help on these 2 would be VERY much appreciated. Anyway, just thought I'd let you know Chris.
  3. Chris.L replied to sumo_si's topic in Livebearers
    I've never heard of a platy giving that much fry ?
  4. Totally lame I sell a lot through TradeMe and if that happened to me I would be complaining to TradeMe.
  5. I think he wants some of the pearls
  6. Chris.L replied to Alan's topic in FNZAS & Afflilated Clubs
    I don't think I could be there at 6am !
  7. Chris.L replied to Alan's topic in FNZAS & Afflilated Clubs
    Hehe, is that at Auckland airport?? I might see you take off if it is I have to be there at 9.00am to pick something up that is getting sent from Christchurch
  8. Chris.L replied to Alan's topic in FNZAS & Afflilated Clubs
    When does everyone fly out ? Have fun! Wish I was coming ! Chris-
  9. Chris.L replied to Alan's topic in FNZAS & Afflilated Clubs
    I'll be at the airport later on today!
  10. Chris.L replied to ajbroome's topic in Welcome
    Welcome back Andrew It's good to have you back here ! How'z your flytraps going ? Chris-
  11. Oh o, Alans getting e-bashed ! In other news - that was a VERY bad reply breakaway. If you don't care about your fish - why did you get them? It's really disappointing seeing someone ask for advice, the whole community (almost) tells them to get rid of the fish, you leave it there, another one eats it and it could spread. With an attitude like that, no one will give you advice because what's the point if it goes in one ear and out the other? Chris-
  12. Chris.L replied to polgara's topic in Diseases
    Here's what I found on the internet. Search for Fish Tuberculosis and it'll bring heaps of results on http://www.google.com
  13. Do you have the dimensions of the 1000 litre? Thanks
  14. How much are the 1000L tanks??
  15. Chris.L replied to breakaway's topic in Freshwater
    It might be because you don't have enough, but it look like you have added a few fish over the last week or so, so I wouldn't add anymore.. The pics/tank is looking good
  16. Thanks for the heads up. I was not aware that there was an aquarium place there. I will check it out when I next head up that way. Cheers!
  17. -v- ~ | | ----- | * / \ hehe
  18. A 50W heater, working on a tank that requires 100W would work more than a 150W heater in a tank that needed only 100W..
  19. They're about the size of a 50 cent coin! Very small
  20. Heard a few bad stories about RET, so I decided to get the more peaceful snake-necks
  21. Not quite fish related, but they're freshwater and they don't have a special forum for them (). Here's the 3 Snake-Necks (Phew, I didn't spell it snack-necks that time!) that I received on Friday.
  22. Chris.L replied to yota's topic in Saltwater
    Where abouts do you live?
  23. I'm doing one of these when my tank becomes ready. Was going to do one in a 1500mm long tank, but though otherwise
  24. They're worth $1
  25. Lovely pics When I read the title, I thought one had passed away I wish my camera had an option to disable the flash Chris-

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.