Kapi-Mana Club Plant Alert

Dark

Hi All

I recently added an extra 4 4foot 6500k fluros to my tank, and a rather effective DIY tornado-style co2 reactor. if only i had a camera.

As a result I'm letting you all know I will be bringing a bucket-load of plants to the next meeting, including but not strictly limited to the following:

Stargrass

Ambula (roots and all in some cases)

Marble Swords (about 5 at this stage)

And please note that i'm on the lookout for any interesting plants people have, particularly ones that are not light green.

Sale ends at the end of next club meeting, all stock must go, being your own baggies, massive clearance, herbivores welcome, batteries not recommended, children under 5 not included.

there will probably be more plants too, i just looked at my tank layout and decided to change the whole thing around, right after i get something done about the frecking lid - at the moment i have to lift the whole canopy off to get into the tank, and it is a pain in the lower lower-back.

i have a couple of ice cream containers full of microworms now. i've been looking into ways to store them long term - probably freeze drying them - so i can distribute them to people easily.

the baby guppies have gotten used to eating them, and i am occasionally experimenting with some kind of microworm feeder so the 'lil buggers get suspended more often than floating to the bottom.

baby guppies look like fish with binoculars for heads.

oh, bilbo; all free - as long as i don't have to pay for air!

i am interested in donations of plants that i do not have, i could supply a complete listing but its complete, and therefore long.

Bilbo - Trevor Shoesmith is the Kapi-Mana breeding coordinator.

Dark - Freeze drying microworms would be defeat the point of having live food! Icecream containers are a bit excessive too, unless you've filled your large tank completely with baby fish :D. Microworms can be kept for the long term in plastic cups like the one I gave you and used to start slightly larger cultures when required. One cup will cost you about 10c to set up and will last up to 2 months. Not a bad price for live food on demand...

Since we're talking about giving stuff away. Anyone want some pearl gouramis? I thought I'd bring some to the meeting this week Please? PLEASE!! PLEASE someone take some!!! In another month or so I think I'll be so desperate to get rid of them I'll start paying people to take them! :o Wait, no forget that last bit, you'll all just wait until I'm paying...

It turns out that we're going overseas on holiday on the day of the club meeting so I won't be able to come to the meeting.

This also means that I can't write the newsletter for the meeting. If anybody else wants to give newsletter writing a try for a month, please email me to get the publisher files for the last couple. If I can't get in touch with anybody this way, I'll try telephoning people.

How many you want, Cees, Bilbo? Cees, PM me your address again, I don't remember exactly where you live, I'll see if I can drop them off Tuesday evening for you, or you can come pick them up if you prefer. They're fairly small, about 1"-1.5" because they're way too crowded. BUt they'll grow!:)

for those of you that care; i have had an outbreak of BBA in my tank. because i do not know when it was introduced the plants that i will be offering tomorrow may be contaminated.

If in doubt i suggest not taking any. I am working to rid the tank of the stuff but i think i need about 30 SAEs to do the job.

see you all tomorrow