Shipping Fish By Mail

Pegasus

• 1 year later...
Hi guys,

We've used NZ couriers for our fish from day one, sent hundreds of packages with them, with no problems. Used fastway once and once only.

Thoroughly reccomend NZ Couriers for live fish and reasonably priced too.

In Napier NZ courier were the only company that would take our live fish, they have aways done a great job with our deliveries and we are wrapped with them :lol:

• 5 months later...

NZ Couriers do not and will not ship out of Auckland. They will however deliver fish sent to Auckland from other parts of the country. If you intend to use them I would suggest you phone them first to see if they will do it in your area.

Up here Post Haste or Fastways are the two options that I have used.

Fastways also charge the earth. Cost me $46 overnight Auckland - Wanganui a couple of years ago. Given it was the day NZ Couriers told me no to sending the fish through them any more even though I had pre purchased tickets I had no choice but to pay. Incredibly rude staff there at that time as well.

ok thanks

Do not use oxygen shells, in my opinion they are a load of crap and utterly useless. I have also heard they release ammonia as they dissolve which is not a good thing. I take it this is for sending the BGK? if so I think you are taking a silly chance of sending a 30cm fish anywhere not locally dude and hoping for it to survive, especially a temperamental fish like them. Sorry if i'm wrong.

Do not use oxygen shells, in my opinion they are a load of crap and utterly useless. I have also heard they release ammonia as they dissolve which is not a good thing. I take it this is for sending the BGK? if so I think you are taking a silly chance of sending a 30cm fish anywhere not locally dude and hoping for it to survive, especially a temperamental fish like them. Sorry if i'm wrong.

yes i was talking about the BGK. and really if anyone is being silly and taking chances its the buyer who wanted me to send it to auckland. but after reitterating that i accept no responsibility and would not be offering any refund if it died and how riskey sending a fish of this size was i confinced him to pull out of the sale. but anyway thats :smot:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Fastways also charge the earth.

Charge the earth for very poor service. Have had three shipments with Fastway Couriers from the NI to the SI the last couple weeks and they managed to mess up all three shipments. not impressed. very friendly and helpful people down here in Cromwell but somehow the dispatcher must hate his job or has had a windows seat during geography in school. Parcels are clearly marked Naseby and Central Otago. all three parcels did end up in Dunedin, got scanned and a message was put online, sorry the parcel was misdirected to Dunedin and is now on the way to Inverargill, we apologise for any unconveblablabla. From Invercargill the parcel was sent to Wanaka. in Wanaka the parcel was handed over to NZ Courier and from there it went to Queenstown where it staid over the weekend. on Monday I could go and pick up a wet box at the shop in Naseby and the lady at the shop told me I am sorry but I guess your fish are dead. There was still enough water in the plastic bags and the Axolotl were all three fine. so a 2 day delivery turned out to be a five nights four day trip. the other two deliveries were plants but same procedure. Fastway Couriers ? No, thank you... :an!gry

I normally steer clear of Fastways as they are the most mis-named company locally but I ordered some stuff from Whangarei on Sunday. The company shipped the goods, via Fastways, Monday morning and I received it Tuesday. The product was well wrapped and arrived in one piece.

Courier post overnight to you? they do pretty much anywhere in NZ (non rural). did you get some crickets recently?

chirping crickets they good .. cant remember the last time I had an issue. phenomenal service from Courier Post. :thup:

btw send to south island every Thursday (overnight for Friday delivery) and never had an issue in 5ish years. dam they good

Courier post overnight to you? they do pretty much anywhere in NZ (non rural). did you get some crickets recently?

chirping crickets they good .. cant remember the last time I had an issue. phenomenal service from Courier Post. :thup:

btw send to south island every Thursday (overnight for Friday delivery) and never had an issue in 5ish years. dam they good

it was sent on the 14th afternoon and was here on the 16th at 12.30 pm, 2 nights then. do Courier Post NZ accept live fish ? no crickets yet, no. will order soon. just got golden bell frog tadpoles (wow, they are huge) and some are nearly fully developed already.