September 15, 201511 yr comment_563666 Here was me thinking my Colombian zebra plecos (L129) were too small and too young to breed. I looked in one of the caves a week ago and a 6 cm young male had trapped a female. I thought you're a dreamer until two days later when he was fanning a batch of eggs Report
September 15, 201511 yr Author comment_563668 Yeah its always nice when you breed a species for the first time. I thought they had at least 6 months to go before they were ready to breed Report
September 15, 201511 yr Author comment_563678 Thanks. They are about a week old so they will be feeding any day now. I've raised a few young but its always nice to raise a new species. Report
September 19, 201511 yr Author comment_563782 thanks.They are now 2 weeks old. The yolk sac is long gone, they have grown by 1mm, and they are adjusting to real food Report
September 26, 201511 yr Author comment_563958 well 3 weeks old now. They haven't grown but have got used to real food (JBL NovoTab) and are starting to fill out nicely. Report
October 2, 201511 yr Author comment_564106 Well they are now a month old and growing fast - the biggest ones have put on 3 mm over the last week.The male is now trying to attract attention in a cave that is way to big for him. For some reason he doesn't seem to like the smaller caves. Report
October 4, 201511 yr Author comment_564125 terrible photo and a different cave but he is on his next batch of eggs Report
October 17, 201510 yr Author comment_564334 well here they are at weeks 5 and 6. They are now only 2 cm long which is pretty slow growing but they don't get that big.The male ate his last batch of eggs as I spent to much time looking at them with a torch He was on another batch within the week so I must have another breeding female which is a nice bonus. Report
October 21, 201510 yr Author comment_564435 I have just removed the next batch. 14 this time. And a pic of the first batch at 7 weeks. They are getting quite stocky and obviously like NovoTab Report
October 22, 201510 yr comment_564439 Where did you get those neat-looking breeding caves from? I've been looking for something like that, but can only find open tubes /logs. Your fish obviously really like them! Report
October 22, 201510 yr Author comment_564442 Ebay. Look for sunkillie. They are probably to big for L129 but hey they still breed in them. L140 and L270 like them as well Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.