Dispose of unwanted fish in trash? World issues solved here!

GrahamC

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While we are talking about gardening 'herbs' I feel that cannabis should be not just decriminalised, but legalised much like alcohol is now.
I think it's fair to say there is a strong argument supporting the legalisation of cannabis, the facts and statistics show that it's far less harmful than alcohol, tobacco and even coffee.

I couldn't resist changing the title of this thread :slfg:

how about changing it to ".. And Napier to Gisborne rail link re-established using budget for Southland roading repairs" ?

Marijuana is interesting since it seems to get a large number of people into hydroponics. I wonder if they would also get into aquaponics if they realised that they could also smoke fish?

Fascinating thread!

Bit of a summary of what has been discussed thus far:

- Disposal of live unwanted fish

- Animal cruelty regarding fish we eat

- NZ Roads - country wide

- Languages of NZ

- Turning NZ into three states

- What is a NZer?

- National anthems, flags, patriotism

- Southlands GDP versus power used and population present.

I may have missed some :o

Mods.... no need to move this thread, it is definatley in the right place... off topic is perfect :slfg:

So my contribution to keep it all going...

If you make NZ three states.... South Island, North Island, and Auckland... what do you do with Northland? :digH:

You forgot the Commies.

how about changing it to ".. And Napier to Gisborne rail link re-established using budget for Southland roading repairs" ?

Now there's a good idea!! Actually it could have been repaired for the same amount that they're now spending on upgrading the passing lanes on the Napier-Gisborne road, which was announced the same day....

How about a Gisborne to Whakatane line instead?

If the old line is soo stuffed, like they say, then why not build four more?

Gisborne is only a dead town because no-one drives through it. If they give Leaderbrand more ways to export from Gisborne, then they may find more people working there, and then maybe more people would visit.

So glad I got out of there...

I think it's fair to say there is a strong argument supporting the legalisation of cannabis, the facts and statistics show that it's far less harmful than alcohol, tobacco and even coffee.

Regardless of if it should be legalized or decriminalization i find it very interesting that things like alcohol, heroine and cocaine were used extensively in medicine but marijuana which has incredible medical properties was stigmatized and illegalized by the powers that be even though it has thousands of uses including rope and fuel! We've got a problem in society where very little is decided by the people and very much is decided by the people who own the banks who then own the governments. These people are the people that also control the food supply, medical supply and keep us in an eternally cycling process of debt that should never have existed. Petroleum, we don't need it anymore!

Something that was linked to me a while ago

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/19/marijuana-and-cancer_n_1898208.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

" We've known it has anti carcinogenic properties since the 20's. A man (who was later shut down and had his lab and all evidence destroyed, was humiliated and slandered by the powers that be) Dr Royal Raymond Rife in the US in the 30's developed a radio wave technique called "coordinative resinence" that ONLY targeted cancer cells (as well as making some of the most powerful microscopes of his time, this technique could also be used to target VIRUSES), he dosed each of his patients with small concentrations of what he called "THC therapy" before hand. Over 3 months he completely cured all his patients, all with varying degrees and types of cancer. He was shut down because the conglomerates backing radio-wave technology at the time had dumped most of their funding into the chemotherapy techniques we have today (which do not isolate cancer cells and destroy healthy tissue too) these are the people that own the Federal Reserve as well as the American Medical Association. Its a shame that the powers that be not only want us to die, but also don't want us to enjoy a drug far less destructive than the ones legalized. They control everything and the only thing they fear is us, the people. Because the only time there plans go arie is when we come together to make a change. The people are the true super power and we have a right to a certain quality of life. but instead of heading towards a united Utopian living similar to how the red Indians lived once upon a time, we are getting closer and closer to being in a big brother controlled type A society, where you and i and our children will continuously live in a cycle of debt and work created by banks and shitty humans agendas. Less than 2% of the people in this world own over 50% of the money! WTF"

If alcohol was unknown and some genius tried to market it for the first time today it would be a class A drug--prescription only. Mary Jane is not harmless and people driving cars or working in dangerous occupations under the influence of any mind bending drugs are potential killers. I love how people have decided that a glass of red wine is good for your health--what happened to eating red grapes.

far less harmful

not harmless

Of course it has it's risks, most of those lie with the user though e.g DUI and psychological addiction.

If alcohol was unknown and some genius tried to market it for the first time today it would be a class A drug--prescription only.
And once upon a time alcohol was prohibited too. All that did was make regular people into criminals and put big money into the hands of gangsters. Sound familiar?

And once upon a time alcohol was prohibited too. All that did was make regular people into criminals and put big money into the hands of gangsters. Sound familiar?

I smell dope in the air.

Regardless of if it should be legalized or decriminalization i find it very interesting that things like alcohol, heroine and cocaine were used extensively in medicine but marijuana which has incredible medical properties was stigmatized and illegalized by the powers that be even though it has thousands of uses including rope and fuel! We've got a problem in society where very little is decided by the people and very much is decided by the people who own the banks who then own the governments. These people are the people that also control the food supply, medical supply and keep us in an eternally cycling process of debt that should never have existed

well said :hail::bow::hail::bow:

Alcohol prohibition just made people go crazy lol.

Alan i would never make an excuse for anybody on drugs in the work place or on the road. I get really disappointed with some of the people around me when i hear them say "i drive safer stoned" or "yeah, its true, stoners don't have accidents". These are the same people that are students and call themselves educated and believe in the theory of evolution. It annoys me that they can acknowledge that we are now in a period of time where we can understand complex things without pointing at it and saying "god". and yet they don't look at the evidence that says "YES! THC does impare your response centers", which we can then extrapolate and factually state that, based in science, "NO, infact you are not a safer driver or work place employee when you are high".

we know from history that prohibition never works and that its original fueling sources usually come from a business agenda, gets passed down to government who have the monopoly on controlling forces and then gets disguised as political issues that we all argue about and think we have any say over, when really all that's happening is a degradation of society where we have allowed a well designed market place for gang potential, who have the monopoly on drugs in NZ, this means a cycle of drugs = money = power = problems. And the worst part is its putting this countries future generation at risk. Gang members will use kids to move and sell drugs. It also puts what we call "recreational drug users", who often tend to be very functioning people of society and not standard law breakers, put in potential positions for harmful altercations which includes and is not limited to violence and in a lot of cases unregulated substances that are highly health hazardous such as Fly spray added to LSD and fine metal groundings in marijuana to make it heavier.

I've never had a problem with people hurting themselves if that is there prerogative, however i have a huge problem with people hurting others. So i don't condone the use of anything that a human would not be evolved enough to take in such a way that it would not harm another. I feel very strongly about what the law should say as far as using drugs and being a parents/worker/driver, there is no place for it. But i also am very aware that the drug industry is worth MILLIONS and MILLIONS and if the government stopped prohibition and started looking at things intelligently, we could not only hugely increase our country spending budgets, including health care, we could also help educate those people that are "heavy users" or "recreational users" or "problemed individuals" on what they are really taking by creating government run business that sold various quantities of different products that in turn would create a large regulated working industry. Now i'm not pretending like there's some serious logistical problems that would need to be addressed first BUT these businesses would also work alongside other businesses such as rehab programs and help/health centers. The more informed the people are the better. And best of all it takes away a HUGE amount of spending inside our "justice system", takes the money and the power away from gangs, gets our children out of harms way and starts us heading on the right track to equality.

Interesting thoughts.

I get really disappointed with some of the people around me when i hear them say "i drive safer stoned" or "yeah, its true, stoners don't have accidents"

In my opinion, the reason that they think that they are better when stoned, is because they are stoned and not thinking straight.

BUT these businesses would also work alongside other businesses such as rehab programs and help/health centers
These centres have enough trouble getting people off smoking tobacco. Can you imagine trying to get people off THC?

I sit on the fence with the whole POT argument. I know people who take it, I have never taken it myself. (Referring to one individual) I have seen that it calms him down, allows him to mallow out and de-stress. Two hours later, after his buzz has worn down, he's panicking again. But I can tell that the drug is still in his system, because he's erratic and clumsy (which he normally isn't).

So he will say that he's better stoned, simply because afterwards he is absolutely useless. However, and I feel this is very important, before he lit up, he was lucid, careful, but stressed. There's no point in him being less stressed if his actions are stressing out everyone else.

These centres have enough trouble getting people off smoking tobacco. Can you imagine trying to get people off THC?

THC is not chemically addictive, although it can be highly psychologically addictive like sugar.

I really just think that one individuals reaction to a particular substance doesn't even really begin to be an argument. Its just like medicine (the real drugs) some people do well on some, other have terrible consequences. Each body and brain is uniquely tailored to the individual, human beings are not all compatible with everything. So while someone may have terrible experiences with something, another may have the best sensory experience of their lives, and that's actually all we are, sensory receptive beings.

One of humanities most incredible features is to be able to conceptualize theories in such a way that we can comprehend in terms, something that is not yet understood or comprehensible. A lot of great minds, religious minds, artistic minds, scientific minds in history have been known to use mind altering substances, and here's the kicker, some of the most amazing interpretations of the understanding of the universe and how everything works has been a result of activating parts of the brain that previously are not so active in some of the brightest human beings that ever lived.

Its just time to move past this nonsense moral grounded that was established by people who do not have your best interests at heart and start looking at the facts and what we can do about them.

i knew this thread would eventually turn into a legalize cannabis debate.

Shoulda called it dude :lol:

IMO it's only a matter of time before it comes legalised, just need some new blood in government. It's all about attitude really.