Dispose of unwanted fish in trash? World issues solved here!

GrahamC

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what did I start...

I know a foreman on a Canadian oil rig, both cannabis and alcohol and non the not allowed list. Yet alcohol is a complete no-no on board but light use of cannabis is to relax is ok as long as you are not stoned on shift, says alot I think.

stoner logic... :facepalm:

I fail to see how more young people with bi-polar and depression aren't problems....

I think more young people are going to become seriously depressed when they realize they can't get a job or ever afford to buy a house.

Not passing a drug test and spending money on a drug habit will sure help that... :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just heard on Motorway Patrol that the effects of cannabis use include memory loss, lung cancer and a love of Jack Johnson, is that really what you want?!?

:lol:

I think more young people are going to become seriously depressed when they realize they can't get a job or ever afford to buy a house.

Perhaps they should feel happier when they find out that renting is economically more sensible than owning.

Just heard on Motorway Patrol that the effects of cannabis use include memory loss, lung cancer and a love of Jack Johnson, is that really what you want?!?

:lol:

Oh GOD NO! The memory loss and lung cancer (not sure about that one) I can handle but JACK JOHNSON?! :o

Our culture needs to change for things to get better.

Look at the French. They encourage drinking responsibly. Children are brought up with watered down wine, which as they get older becomes less and less watered down. This builds up a tolerance.

They frown upon drunkenness. It is not applauded, it is shunned.

And the main point, the one I feel NZ has really let us down on, is that when they turn 18, it's not the flick of a switch.

In NZ we go age 12 : nothing, 14 : nothing, 16 : with parental supervision (so not much), 18 : Go nuts, you can drink as much as you can buy.

But if you disregard the media, and actually go out yourself, you notice some very interesting statistics.

As a sober driver, you can notice a lot more of what is going on around you. It's not 18-24 year olds out on the town, getting pissed off their feet. They can't afford it.

It's the 30-45 year olds. They can afford it, they grew up with it, and they want a good time.

And that guy licking that other guy's ear was just plain gross. :sick:

There's your issue, not so much the teenagers, but the adults. They're not teaching the kids to drink responsibly. While they're out on the town, the kids buy in bulk and drink at a mates place. Unsupervised.

Logan drank the vessel from the 4 Kings game. He puked, como'd out (we kept an eye on him, kept him clean and warm), slept it off on the couch, and woke up with a girl in his arms and no idea where his pants where.

In NZ, he's called a legend.