August 5, 201313 yr comment_536052 Depending on the size if what you're building there are a few tricks to getting round council Allan. How many square metres is it? Report
August 5, 201313 yr comment_536058 More than 10 squares and closer to the boundary than the height of the building and therefore needs a building consent. Report
August 5, 201313 yr comment_536061 Yes, but it is possible to build two "garden sheds" in such a way that they can be used as a single building. It can be a bit fiddly but I have done it before on a job down in Wanaka. Report
August 5, 201313 yr comment_536064 Please note the lack of expletives in this post, I think it warrants recognition Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536097 I thought of that but that would not do what I am after. Will just have to save the pennies and wait a while longer. Can get by in the mean time. Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536102 never work for family I say or buy a car from them and if you are a poor student and your mother in law backs her car into your passenger door, make her pay for it :env: Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536107 Haha, but the problem arose when I stopped working for family. Also just got a call from the new builder. He managed to get the skip placed too close to the garage door so it couldn't be closed. I asked what he did about all my tools in the garage and the fact my house can now be walked straight into off the street. His response "they're taking the skip away tomorrow morning". Awesome Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536110 Having roast pork belly and roast veggies for my birthday dinner !drool: !drool: Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536127 Having roast pork belly and roast veggies for my birthday dinner !drool: !drool: :cr11: Closest thing to a "happy birthday" smilie I could find. Enjoy your dinner Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536155 If you like pork order a piece of neck from the butcher. They call it a number of things--collar and choke. They roll it in with the boned out shoulder so you usualy have to order it. Slice into steaks and marinade overnight with soy sauce, ginger, garlic and brown sugar then grill. Report
August 6, 201313 yr comment_536176 Haha, but the problem arose when I stopped working for family. Also just got a call from the new builder. He managed to get the skip placed too close to the garage door so it couldn't be closed. I asked what he did about all my tools in the garage and the fact my house can now be walked straight into off the street. His response "they're taking the skip away tomorrow morning". Awesome you could always call the skip company and ask them to take it away... that would be funtimes Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_536182 I met my parents and sister in town for morning tea. My daughter has had a more interesting morning. She is currently in Wanaka and said "So far my day has seen me encounter Greg Murphy, a mobility scooter made from motorbike parts, a Z station attendant who upsized my hot choc for free then stamped my card 4 times so my next one is free, and a dog taking a cat for a walk on a lead. In that order. Pretty awesome so far!" Happy birthday Insectile and that recipe sounds good Alan !drool: Hmmm wonder if I just felt a small, rolling shake? Will check geonet. Probably just a wind gust. Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_536183 Haha, I like you're thinking Sophia, but he rung and told me after the bin company had shut for the day, and they can never come and pick up straight away, which is why it had to wait till today Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_536193 I've had big trouble with tradesmen blocking the driveway and generally treating me/us like dirt in the past... they know when they step over the line and do it anyway. So find another way to get him! Report
August 7, 201313 yr comment_536239 Happy birthday pal! I spent last night making my mates 900Ltr display tank.It is currently looking like glass coffin, very exciting for him and for me so I can get his fish out of my tank and more onto my project. Report
August 8, 201313 yr comment_536278 That seems rather fast? "Just stirred up the sand in my tank. I have ALOT of mts. Report
August 8, 201313 yr comment_536301 Been baking for the weekend and a meeting I am attending tomorrow. The big cupcakes are for the weekend event and the minis are for the meeting... BLACK AND WHITE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES 8 oz flour 7 oz sugar 4 oz dark chocolate cocoa 1½ tsp baking soda 1 tsp salt 4 oz sour cream 3 eggs, beaten 6 oz chocolate pudding, prepared 4 oz butter, melted 6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 24 cupcake pan cups with paper liners. Mix dry ingredients together with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds until well combined. Add wet ingredients & mix on medium speed for 1 minute. Stop & scrape down sides of bowl & resume mixing on medium speed for 1 additional minute. Stop mixer & fold in chocolate chips. Fill prepared cupcake liners with batter 3/4 full, & bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool completely. White Chocolate Frosting 8 oz cream cheese, softened 4 oz butter, softened 6 oz white chocolate, melted 1 tsp vanilla 10 oz icing sugar Beat cream cheese & butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed for 1 minute. Add melted chocolate & vanilla; mix for an additional 1 minute. Add icing sugar gradually, beating until light & fluffy after each addition. Ideas for garnishing: fresh raspberry, mini chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles Please note that, as usual, I halved the sugar used as I find American recipes waaaay too sweet and always halve the sugar, without it affecting how they turn out. This is also one recipe I did not get around to converting to metric. Report
August 9, 201313 yr comment_536379 not cupcakes, not even something to eat but something kiwi it's a NZ120 (1:120 scale) model of a KiwiRail DXB #5166 as seen on the rails near you (north island) (I built the kit, modified the chassis, detailed and painted it and put some decals on) Report
August 9, 201313 yr comment_536383 very nice did you do the scenery too? thanks, the scenery is a photo diorama with an american touch done by a friend of mine in the states Report
August 10, 201313 yr comment_536403 Nice paint job. We went for a walk up to the lookout this morning then this afternoon soaked in the mineral hot pools. There is now a group of people in our motel unit enjoying Happy Hour before heading to Jolly Jacks for tea (Hanmer Springs). Report
August 10, 201313 yr comment_536407 I am looking after my mates cichlid's at the moement. I really like this guy Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.